Chapter 33

IT WASN'T a proposal. But her heart was beating so fast that she couldn't find her voice to answer him, to console him, to tell him that she's willing to wait.

Honestly speaking, masaya na siya na siya ang nasa tabi nito. Silang dalawa ng anak niya.

But when she heard Light. Doon niya na realised na, tama, may kulang. Kahit papaano. At kailangan 'yon na mapunan. Or else, the relationship she wanted ever since will crumbled.

"What do you think? Ms. Clemente?"

Napakurap si Vyrlle nang marinig na tinawag siya. Right, she's in the middle of an important meeting. How dare she spaced out?

"Pardon?"

Umawang ang mga labi ng kasama niya. She also noticed that they all looked at her secretary, it's like they're questioning Dania what's wrong with her. Hindi siya ang tipo ng tao na mawawala sa sarili habang nasa meeting.

"Please continue," Dania smiled.

Dania glanced at her and patted her lap.

"Focus." She mouthed.

Vyrlle licked her lower lip and fix her posture. Deretso ang tingin niya sa harap habang pinaglalaruan ang singsing na nakasuot sa daliri niya.

Nang matapos ang meeting, naiwan silang dalawa ni Dania. Giving her the meeting minutes while explaining the part she missed.

"That's all. Anyway, I like your necklace." Umangat ang tingin niya kay Dania, diretso ang tingin nito sa kwintas na suot niya.

Kung pwede lang nitong hablutin ang kwintas niya, ginawa na nito. Kusang gumalaw ang katawan niya para umiwas nang akmang aabutin 'yon ni Dania.

"The heck?" She laughed at her. "Ahh, okay, you can keep your necklace! It was a nice gift from your Architect, right?"

Bahagya siyang tumango at mas lalong lumakas ang tawa nito.

"That's why you don't want me to hold it? Oh geez, no worries I won't take it." Pang iinis nito sa kanya.

Vyrlle sharply glared at her friend slash secretary.

"By the way, he sent a flower again." Nauubos ang pasensya na sabi nito. Sa araw araw na may bulaklak siyang natatanggap, hindi na alam ni Dania kung saan nila 'yon ilalagay.

Dania already bought a few vase, doon nila nilalagay ang mga bulaklak but the problem here… saan nila ilalagay ang mga 'yon?

"You have an appointment with your Architect for lunch. He already made a reservation at the restaurant, and all I have to do is take you there." Dania smiled at her, a fake one. "God, I'm so jealous!" She exclaimed.

"Then, stop flirting and start dating?" She suggested.

Dania grimaced at her suggestion. "Oh please!" Nandidiri na sagot nito sa kanya.

Vyrlle chuckled at her reaction. Dania was not a fan of dating. Yet here she was, feeling jealous. Her friend was hopeless.

"Dating is not for me. Well, we'll only end up as a fuck mate." Dania shrugged.

"Whatever you say, Dania." Vyrlle gave up.

Kahit ano pa ang sabihin niya sa kaibigan, hindi rin naman ito makikinig sa kanya. They have different opinions when it comes to dating a man. Dania respected hers, and she will do the same.

Dania was briefly talking about her schedule after eating lunch with her Luca, while driving her car. May driver naman siya but her friend here has her own way to spoil her.