Chapter 12: The diddly-Bops

I didn’t show up to school yesterday. “Hey, Avyanna. You okay?” Robbie asked.” Yes. Why?” I asked. “You didn’t show up yesterday." Robbie said as we walked to my locker.  “My grandpa died.” I told Robbie. “Didn’t your grandpa die last week? When you didn’t come friday." He asked. “Did I say grandpa? I meant grandma.” I repeated.

“Well, I'm sorry for your loss.” Robbie said.  “Oh, it’s okay?” I said. We went to class and Sikowitz explained something to us. But soon the bell ranged. I got up to leave.  “Wait, Tori, Andre, Beck, Jade and Avy. Cat and Robbie, stay for a moment.” “Um, why do you have a woman’s purse?” Tori asked. “I don’t have a…” Sikowitz stopped when he saw the purse. “Good Ghandi, where did this come from? And where is my dozen Bagel?”

“Can I leave?” Jade asked. “Wait. How would you teenager like to do something for money?” Sikowotz asked. “Can we have some details first?” Tori asked.” Well, I assume you’re all familiar with Kevin Chase.” My eyes light up. “The guy who owns like half the hotel in vegas?” I asked. “ I'm telling the story!” Sikowitz yelled. "Sorry.” I said.

“Kevin was my roomate in college, And how he is extremely wealthy, and his little boy is turning 4 years old this week. Ah, the big ” four.” “ What do you want?” I asked.” Kevin hired the waggafuffles..” Cat exclaimed over that.''...to perform a song at his son’s birthday.” “Oh, I love the Waggafuffles. Wagga wagga wagga way you fluffies left and right.” Cat sang. “ Shut up.” I yelled. “Avy, tell me to shut up.” Cat whined.

“Yes, thank you, Avy.” I smiled. “I’ll give you this dollar to get to the point.” Jade said.”  I couldn't possibly take your money.”  Skiowitz took Jade’s money. “ Apparently… The waggafuffles private jet…Crashed.” I chuckled. But stopped when Andre started looking at me. “ And, so now, Kevin needs a new musical group to perform at his son’s birthday party.” “ So, you want us to form a kiddie musical group?” Robbie asked. “For a performance. “ “No.” He’ll pay you $1,000.” Sikowitz said. “A thousand.?” Tori asked. “Shall I tell my friend you’re all in?” Sikowitz asked.

“Oh, where would we do this?” Andre asked.” “I’ll set up the party here at the school in the black theater box.” You can perform on stage after the kids have their cake and Ice cream. It’ll be fantastic.” “ I have money. I don’t have to do this.” I complained. “Do it for me.” Andre said. I  signed. "Fine. But just for you."

“There you are.” A woman yelled. “ AH, my bagel. Sorry about the mix up there.” Sikowitz said.” Pull your hand outta your pants.”  The old last left with her purse.” Bye mom.” “That was your mom?” “No.” He went to the wall to cry. We all walked out. We went to Tori house to practice. Tori bought Andre and herself something to drink.

I drank some of Andre’s drink. “Okay, what do we have so far?”  Tori asked. “ I don’t know. Oh, Cat record this.” I said.” Kay-kay.” 

My grandpa has a nose
And my grandma has a nose
Everyone you know has a nose, nose, nose

I sanged. "My grandfather's nose was blown off in the war. So that song is a filthy lie.”  Jade said, cutting Tori’s flowers. Beck, Cat, Tori all looked at me. “What?” I asked as they just stared at me.  “Oh, we just never really heard you sing before.” Tori said. “ Her voice is amazing.” Andre said. They all talked about my voice. “Okay, Anyways.” I said. “Why did we say we’d do it ?” Beck said. “It’ll be fun.” Cat exclaimed.

“Yeah, it’s so fun to put on humiliating costumes and dance….  Around like idiots for sticky little three year olds.” “Four year old.” “And my mom grew those flowers in her garden.” “They’re lovely.” Jade said before cutting them faster. 

I went to wash Andre's glass cup that Tori gave him. Robbie started singing about broken glass. And I dropped the glass when Tori yelled at him. It wasn’t funny either. “ Oww.” I said. Andre quickly got up. “Hey, Avyanna, what’s wrong?” He asked. “ I cut myself.” He looked at my hand and saw the blood gushing out my hand. “ Oh, wow that’s deep.” He asked Tori for some gauze.  She gave him some. We walked to the bathroom and I washed the blood off. He wrapped the gauze around my hand. I smiled at him. He sat me up on the counter.

And I had flashed back about the dream that started it all. I placed my forehead on his and then we kissed. But then his phone ranged. “ You should answer that.” “No, he can wait.” “ No, really answer that.” He picked up his phone and walked to the kitchen. 

I went out of the bathroom and sat down next to Beck. “ Avy, come here.” Andre said. Tori followed me. I wasn’t going to say anything this time. “ You guys remember I told you about that music producer. Who listened to my demo.” “Yeah.”

“That was him.” ”He played it for his boss and they might wanna sign me to their record label.” “Shut up,” I said.” “You shut up.” I hugged him. Tori tried to hug him but I pushed her. “So, now what?” She asked. “He wants me to come up with another song.” 

I went to the trashcan and threw up. I wiped my mouth. “Guys, I'm gonna go home.” I said.” Hey, you need me to go with you?” “No. I’m not going to be coming to school for a while either.” I said. 

“You are not going to come to the kids' party.” “Babe, I really do love you, But I just can’t.” I said. “Well let me drive you home.” “No. Jade is going to take me.” “Okay. I love you.” He hugged me and then kissed my neck.  “Love you too.” I walked out and we went to Jade’s car. “What’s going on?”

“ Nothing.” I said. “What’s going on?” “Well my mom’s back and she thinks I’m fat. She also is wondering if anyone wants to date me. And she begged me to get pregnant. But I'm only 16.” I said. “You don’t have to worry about anything your mother says, just calm down.” Jade held my hand. “You’re perfected.”

“I know that. I just don’t want Andre seeing her. She might be too mean and he might break up with me.” “You’re overthinking it. “ Just come to school when you can.” I nodded and she drove me home. The whole night I was looking at photos of me and Andre.
I cried that night. All because my mother doesn’t like to be nice she might cost me a relationship.

A/n: For anybody that wanted to here the song. Let's pretend he sung it for Avyamna since she wasn't there.