Chapter 13: Cat's new boyfriend

Tori and I are becoming friends. She just keep touching my man. So as we walked to the main hall together. She saw a boy. They both screamed. I screamed when I saw another boy from my old school. "Avy, baby, I've been looking for you.” My eyes widened. My ex.  “No, Isaiah, why are you here?”  Id asked.

“To see you, mi amor.” He said grabbing my hand. “ Isaiah, we aren't dating anymore. You told me you wanted to date other people. You broke up with me.” I said, removing my hand out his. “Yeh, but after dating all those girls. I realized I love you.” He said walking up close to me. “I don’t love you. And back up.” I said. “Bro, you better back up.” Beck said. Beck and Jade both walked up to Isaiah.

“Back up. Man.” Beck said. Jade grabbed my hand and put me next to her. “Whatever, I'm going to the principal office. We walked over to Tori talking to a boy. "No, No. Keep talking, you're doing great.” The boy said.  “Sorry.” Tori said.

“It’s, it’s cool.” “So, when did you get into performing?” Dale asked. “Oh, see, my sister’s tongue got all big and swollen and here I am. “So who’s that?” “Uh, this is danny.” Tori said. “Hey.” “Sup.” “Why are you talking to Tori?” I asked.”He goes to my old school.” “Sherwood.” “ He…He was my boyfriend.” “ Was? We both got problems. What is he doing here? Is he trying to ruin your perfect relationship?” I asked. 

Andre soon walked over to me. “ Hey, mi amor.” Andre kissed me.“So why’d you dump her?” Jade asked the boy. “Jade…” “Can I guess? Cuz I gotta guess a lotta guesses.” “Um, actually…” “You, you don’t have to…” “Tori broke up with me.” “ Oh. And how did you celebrate?” I asked. “ Do you ever take a day off?” “ So, whatcha doing here?” 

“Yeah, what are you doing here?” “ Well, I’ve kinda been dating this girl that, you know, goes here. And, uh, I was supposed to meet her…” Cat ran down the stairs. “Daniel!” “Hey, Babe.” Daneil kissed Cat. I laughed.” This is the guy I’ve been telling you about. My boyfriend.” “Ooh.” “Daniel, these are my friends: Avy, Andre, Beck, Jade, and Tori.” “ Yeah, we’ve met.” “Really, you know Daniel?” Cat asked.”Oh, she knows Daniel.” I said. Andre grabbed my face and kissed me. It took me by surprise.

“Sooo…” “Sooo….” “Sooo…” Jade said. ”How come everyone’s being all weird?” Cat asked.”I’ll tell her.” Jade and I said. “No you won’t.” Andre and Beck said together.” Cat, um, I used to go to sherwood, with danny, before I came to school here.” “Oh, so you guys were friends?” “Yeah, They were good friends.” “I’m confused.” “Danny and I used to date.” “Uhhh.” “Hey, why don’t we walk over to some other location?” Beck asked Jade. “Okay, Wait. So you and Tori were like…” “Boyfriend.” “Girlfriend.” “Sooo…” “Please dont feel weird about this.” “You really shouldn’t. I mean, we broke up a year ago.” “Yeah, it’s been a year.” “It’s only been eleven months.” “What difference does it make?” “Forget it.”

“The point is, I’m totally cool with you guys dating.” “And i’m totally cool that you two are friends” “Well, okay then.” “It’s all happy.” “Yay.” “I’m bored now.” I said walking away. Andre walked over to me.” You know I love you right?” “Yes. but how much?” “I can show you how much.” I chuckled as we both kissed. “So how did you guys meet?” I heard Tori say. “Hey, do you guys want to do…” “Andre, Avy, can we….” “Yeah….Okay.”  I heard her footsteps leave. 

“Avy, will you be my date to the Kick-back?” “Totally.” I moved to go put some books in my locker. But some flowers and a card fell out.  I opened it and it was from Isaiah. Andre grabbed it and read it. “From, isaiah, will you come with me to the Kick-Back?” I snatched the paper from his hands. “Give me a second.” I threw the flowers to the ground, stomping all on them then ripping the note. “ See all gone.” I said as we walked away.        

*Time skip*

I bought a salad and some fries and sat down in between  Jade and Tori. Andre had to go do something with Sikowitz. ”Hey, can you pass the salt?” Tori asked Jade. “Why should I?” “Cuz my french fries aren’t salty enough?” Jade passed her the salt. “ Sorry to put you in that trouble.” “Guess who.” Danny said, covering Cat’s eyes. “Um, is it Beck?” “What?” I asked. “I’m sitting right next to you. I don’t….” “Oh, yeah. Hey, Beck.” Cat said, rubbing Beck’s face. “She’s feeling my face.”

“Uh, no. No, it’s me.” “Daniel!” Cat yelled, kissing her boyfriend. “What are you doing here?” Cat asked. Tori just rolled her eyes. For the first time I helped Tori. “Can you guys do that lovey dovey stuff somewhere else? You’re making me wish my boyfriend was here.” I said. Tori and I high fived under the table.

“Well…This nice Daniel gets to have lunch with his girlfriend and his used girlfriend. Tori looked at me. I can’t choose my best friend over a friend. “You can try and make this awkward but it’s not going to work, because unlike you, everyone at this table is mature. And by the way, I dumped him so Hah!” 

“Soooo, did you invite Daniel to the kick-back?” I asked Cat. “Oh, my god, I forgot.” “Kick-Back?” “Yeah. Once every semester, the school lets us have a saturday night party right here in the parking lot.” I explained. “Live music, cheese fountain.” “Cheese fountain?” “Cheddar….. Will you come?” Cat asked. “Yeah, totally.” I smiled.

“Tori, will you be at the Kick-Back?” “Yes, Jade, I will be?”  I smiled. “Ooh! Guess what I made?” “Ah, what’d you make?” “Brownies.” “Wow.” “Sorry. Danny doesn’t like brownies.” “Everyone likes Brownies. Open.” Cat shoved a brownie in his mouth. “Uh, Yeah–Mmmmm. Wow.” I smiled. I took one of her brownies. “I thought you didn’t like eating?” “I don't, I just crave food. Like I'm hungry all the time. I don't really understand why tho.” “Oh. Well, that’s weird.” “Yeah. I know.” I said eating the brownie. 

“What? I made you brownies twice and you told me you didn’t like it.” Tori complained to Danny. “Tori…” I said. “Yeah, but Cat’s are different?” “Different? What do you mean different?” “Tori..” I said, trying to calm her down. “Try one.” Cat said. Tori snatched a brownie out of Cat’s hand. “ How is it?” Beck asked. “I gotta go.” Tori grabbed her stuff and left.

When I finished eating the brownie. I went down the hall to see Robie letting people feel his feet. Andre soon walked over to us when the ball ranged. “Uh, How come all those people were rubbin’ on your foot?” “See for yourself.” “Huh?” “ Come on.” Andre looked around to see if anyone was there. “Andre, come on.” Andre finally felt his foot. “ Dang, man, that’s smooth.” I laughed but soon felt like throwing up. I ran to the Janitor’s closet and threw up in the trash can. Andre soon walked in. “ Hey, what’s wrong?” “ Just a little sick. I’m all goo….” I threw up in the trash can and before I could finish my sentence. “I can just come over…” “No.” I said. “Why?” “You just can’t.” I really didn’t want him to meet my mom. 

“Avy, come on. You can tell me anything.” He said putting his hand on my cheek and on my waist. I tried to not speak. “ I…. I can’t.” “Avy.” “Fine. It’s my mom. She just means I don’t want you to break up with me because of what she says.” “I would never.” “I know you think that nothing would happen, but I really don’t wanna take the risk. So until she leaves you can’t come over.” “Avy.”  I grabbed my stuff and left.

*Time skip*

Andre and I stopped talking. I was really sad that I just wrote songs and smoked on the balcony. We had got into a fight over something so stupid. So many girls would just ask him out and he would enjoy it. He said he didn’t but he finds it funny how girls ask him out even though he found the one. But I never really was buying it. So we just stopped talking and I really regretted it. But I didn’t want to look so weak. So I just did me and stayed in my room. I cried, ate, and sang songs on the radio my dad bought. 

My father was amazing. He knew every single one of our talents. He was my favorite person. He took time for all of us.