(1) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

THERE IS ALWAYS AN END TO EVERY STORM. When the winds die down, when the rain stops. When the noise is suddenly silenced like with a quick snap of the universes fingers. You're left to pick up the pieces of the damage the storm has left behind. Trees uprooted, power lines down, houses torn to shreds. The best way to get through a storm is to seek shelter, to not put yourself in danger by going out into the eye. By staying in one place like an anchor. Keeping you and your loved ones safe. But it's only when the noise stops and the silence settles in, when the storm is finally over, that you learn who was strong enough to survive it.

Maybe there's a reason why some people love to be alone. To never let people push their way past the barriers they have set up. It wasn't as if they would be happy by themselves but If you never let people in, you can never experience heartbreak. To love someone so much, only to have it fall to pieces, ripped from your world without warning, without reason. Because what if you found your anchor, your person, who you thought you'd be with forever... Only for it to disappear from your grasp. Being alone means escaping the eternal pain you experience from losing the thing you love most on this earth. Because losing what you love, cuts through your heart like death. Like you're dying of a broken heart. But the difference is, death ends. You just die. Everything stops. No more pain, no more fear, no more of the crushing anxiety that something bad is going to happen. Everything just comes to a stop. But life? When you lose something you love dearly and you're still alive? That's the hard part. Because you have to live with that pain, knowing that they're gone. You're still here. Alone. Only it isn't like what you wanted. You're alone with the thought of everyone you now try and love, will leave you just the same. But if you don't let someone else in, you're alone with pain and anguish that you have to suffer with everyday.

Dying is easy. What you should be scared of is living.

Blurs of motion scramble around Adelaide's room as she weakly blinks her eyes every few seconds. Voices merge together, combining to make one ocean like noise. A soft breath leaves her lips as she could feel a hand on her cheek, a person leaning over her. "Adelaide?" The voice asks as they look into her eyes but she only sees a faceless figure. Adelaide only keeps blinking as she hears more voices.

"Hey, Adelaide. Can you hear us?" Adelaide felt like her whole body was numb. She could barely move. She could barely breathe without the tingling sensation moving throughout her veins.

"I don't think she's fully conscious." She squeezes her eyes shut for a moment, a loud ring racking throughout her head. Adelaide groans as she opens her eyes again, yet still seeing the nameless faces leaning over her.

It was like she wasn't even inside her body. Her subconscious was the one desperately trying to push herself to speak. But Adelaide felt like she was just standing outside of her body, looking down at herself. Seeing how helpess and weak she was, laying on the floor, not being able to even lift a finger.