(9) 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE JUST STARES AT HER FINGERS AS SHE TRIES TO FOCUS HERSELF. She had been standing in the living room for about half an hour, just hoping that her magic would just reappear. She was trying everything but nothing was happening. Adelaide groans as she tilts her head back, dropping her hands as she couldn't believe that Lilith could take her magic so easily. She hadnt even realized it happened until she tried to use magic to heal the cuts she had recieved after the explosion.

"Damn it." She mutters as she felt completely useless. Adelaide sinks back against the couch, letting her head hang into her hands. She heard the door open behind her but she didn't lift her head, it was like she had no energy.

"Hey. What are you doing awake?" Alec asks gently, his tone sounding tired but he had noticed that she wasn't in bed when he had woken up and wondered if something was wrong.

"Nothing." She mumbles as she clenches her jaw, her stare void as she just felt like falling into an endless pit. "Absolutely nothing." Adelaide tells him as she stares at her hands. Alec sighs as he tilts his head, he knew she was dealing with the loss of her powers. Both her and Magnus had to deal with not having them.

"You'll get your powers back someday." Alec assures her as he was sure that there was some way to get them back. Maybe they didn't know how right now, but they could surely figure it out. But Adelaide only shakes her head, looking up at him.

"And what if I don't? What if whatever Lilith did was permanent?" Adelaide asks him with a scoff as she crosses her arms against her chest. She understood he was just trying to be optimistic but he wasn't the one who lost someone. He had gotten his parabatai back and they had seemingly defeated Lilith.

"Then it's permanent." Alec states as there wasn't anything that they could do if that was the case. But not having magic wasn't the end of the world, not when way worse could've happened to her. "You're alive, that's all that matters." He points out as he brings his hand to her cheek. But Adelaide moves her eyes to the ground, feeling her stomach drop as she knew she was alive but losing her magic was like losing a part of herself.

"Yeah.." She mumbles and Alec sighs as he leans down towards her. He lets his lips hover her ear, his hands going to her waist.

"So, come to bed." Alec says before placing a kiss onto her neck. Adelaide sighs as she feels the soft feeling of his lips on her skin. But she only shakes her head, pushing him gently away from her.

"I'm not in the mood tonight, Alec." Adelaide says as she just didn't want to do anything other than try desperately to produce even just a glimmer of magic. Alec licks his bottom lip, nodding his head.