(18) 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS STOOD WITH THE GROUP AS THEY TRIED TO STOP MELIORN fROM TAKING JACE. He had tried to act like he was on Clary's side but it did not exactly work as they had still disappeared before they could bring the cure to her. And now Meliorn was saying that Jace attacked the seelies and that he needed to pay for it. "Turning Jace over is not an option." Alec denies as he crosses his arms against his chest. He wasn't about to give them Jace, especially since he was undercover.

"I don't know how you'd have much say in the matter. He helped kidnap our queen. Jace Herondale needs to pay for his crimes." Meliorn states as he stares at Alec. Jace scoffs as he rolls his eyes a bit.

"I was undercover." Jace retorts, not seeing how he was going to pay for something that he didn't even want to do.

"And how many seelie knights did you injure to maintain your facade?" He asks the blonde who stays quiet for a moment.

"Did they not attack him?" Adelaide asks him, raising an eyebrow at him. She knew Jace was pretending to be with them, but he was just protecting himself from the seelies.

"That has nothing to do with this." Meliorn denies as he shakes his head just causing Adelaide to roll her eyes.

"Jace was trying to buy us enough time to rally a cure for Clarys condition." Alec says, although it didn't seem to be convincing meliorn too much.

"What cannot be denied is that Clarissa Fairchild, a Shadowhunter, has committed an act of war." He states as he looks around the group. They couldn't let Clary pay for Jonathan's crimes, especially since he was practically controlling her.

"Kidnapping your queen was Jonathan's plan." Jace points out as he crosses his arms against his chest.

"And was it also Jonathan's plan for Clary to murder the seelie agent thats currently rotting in your morgue?" Meliorn asks them, clearly full of anger. Adelaide just sighs as she rubs her face, there was nothing they could have done to stop it.

"You mean the one who set demon traps all over the city and then broke into our subcells?" Alec asks him with a slight scoff. Meliorn just stares back at him before someone comes in and whispers something in his ear. Adelaide shares a glance with Alec who was curious what it was about.

"It would seem my queens ransom has finally been demanded." Meliorn tells them as he narrows his eyes. "The time of the exchange approaches." He says as he goes to walk but Alec stops him.