(13) 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE KNEW SOMEONE WAS FOLLOWING HER, she wasn't stupid. She felt a presence about five minutes ago and was on guard in case they attack. Adelaide just kept walking, heading down the alley near the institute because she knew sooner rather than later, the person would say something since they would hit the wards of the institute. And surely enough, she was right. "Have you thought more about my offer?" Jonathan's voice comes from behind her. Adelaide rolls her eyes as she stops in her place before turning to face the man.

"How about, fuck you." Adelaide responds with an unamused smile. Jonathan only walks up to her, narrowing his eyes.

"You see, I believe you did think over what I said." Jonathan starts as he looks down at her. Adelaide bites the inside of her cheek as she stares at the man. "And you do want to accept." He adds and she just gives him a suspicious glare.

"Why do you even want Lilith back?" Adelaide asks as she knew there was more than what he was telling her.

"She's my mother."

"Really? No other reason?" She retorts as she raises an eyebrow at him. Jonathan chuckles as he smirks back at the girl.

"Have I ever lied to you, Adelaide?" He asks her and Adelaide seriously did not understand what his motive was here.

"Is that a joke?" Adelaide questions and Jonathan just looks at her for a moment before changing the subject.

"I know you've tried to get your powers back but have been unsuccessful." Jonathan points out as he knew he was her only option. "Make it easier on yourself and just accept my offer." He tells her and she narrows her eyes at him.

"I will never help you." Adelaide sneers at him.

"You could be so much more powerful with your magic." Jonathan points out, he knew how much she missed them and how much stronger she was when she had both her magic and her Shadowhunter abilities.

"Well, it's not my fault Lilith stole them." She snaps towards him, if only she was more vigilant, she couldve stopped the demon.

"You could always ask for them back, I suppose." Jonathan suggests, pacing back and forth but they both knew that wasn't an option for her. "But how much are you willing to bet that Lilith will not be so kind as to help you." He says as he raises an eyebrow at her. Adelaide scoffs as she rolls her eyes.

"I could just report you." She points out but if she was going to, she would've done it the moment she saw him.

"You could. But you won't." It's like Jonathan knew every single thought that popped up inside her head. "Accept my offer, Adelaide." He tells her as he clasps his hands behind her.