(6) 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE SAT AT THE KITCHEN TABLE, scrolling the websites of greater demons, trying to find a connection. So far, no matter how many books she had opened or websites she scrolled through, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing that explained what was happening to her. And it made her angry because she knew it wasn't her going crazy. She knew that but what the voice was telling her to do, it was like she was persuaded into actually going through with it. And that terrified her.

"Adelaide?" Alecs voice comes from the bedroom door as he leans against the frame, rubbing his eyes.

"Hm?" She mumbles as a response as she just scrolls down the page she was looking at.

"What are you doing awake?" Alec asks as he had rolled over in the bed, only to find out she wasn't there. He had worried something had happened but seeing her sitting at the table surrounded by books wasn't what he had in mind.

"Just couldn't sleep." Adelaide tells him as she brushes her hair out of her face. "Go back to bed." She says as he makes his way over to her, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What is all of this?" Alec questions and she only sighs, not having the time to bring him up to speed with everything.

"Nothing." She mutters but Alec didn't take it as a sign to leave.

"Why are you researching greater demons?" Alec asks as he leans down to look at the screen but she only slams the computer shut before turning to face him.

"I said it's nothing, Alec." Her voice was a little firm as she just wanted him to not ask questions because she knew it would turn into a fight. "Please, just leave it." Adelaide pleads and he just stared down at her for a moment, his jaw clenching.

"Okay." He mutters before rolling his eyes slightly. "I guess I'll go back to bed then." Alec tells her, she could sense the anger in his tone as he made his way back to the bedroom before slamming the door. Adelaide sighs, resting her head on her hand. She swore, men were way more emotional than women.

Adelaide closes the books that were on the table, piling them up before placing her laptop beside it. She didnt want to argue with Alec and she definitely didn't want him to be angry with her. So, she decided that she would head to bedroom and make sure he was okay. But when she walked in, she saw him scrolling through her phone.

"Why the fuck are you going through my phone?" Adelaides voice was loud and accusatory as she places her hands on her hips. Alec physically jumps as he puts the phone down on the nightstand but it was way too late for that.