(7) 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐳𝐚

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS SAT IN THE BEDROOM OF HERS AND ALEC'S APARTMENT. She just needed some space after she had talked to everyone. Especially finding out that Lilith was attached to her. It isn't everyday that you have a connection to the literal queen of hell.

A knock on the door makes her look over, seeing Isabelle standing there. The girl had a soft smile on her face but Adelaide only brings her gaze down to her hands. "Hey." She says as she closes the door behind her. "Can I talk to you?" She asks but Adelaide just stays silent, fiddling with her fingers. "Or I can talk and you can listen." Isabelle corrects as she takes a seat beside the girl. She lets out a sigh as she glanced at Adelaide. "Look, this is a lot of news for anyone to take in. It's okay if you feel like screaming or crying or smashing every single thing in this room." She states, laughing lightly as she offered a comforting smile. Adelaide nods her head slowly, biting the inside of her cheek.

"I'm sorry." She says, her voice weak as she felt horrible for what she had done to her. Adelaide hadn't meant to, it had just happened and there was no taking it back. But Isabelle just shakes her head, resting her hand on top of her knee.

"Adelaide, you don't have to apologize for that." Isabelle assures her as she didn't hold it against her. "Especially now that we know that Lilith is in your head." She adds but adelaide only shakes her head.

"But-"

"No buts. End of discussion." Isabelle says as she holds up her hand.

"I just don't feel like I should be trusted anymore." Adelaide admits as she felt like she would do something else. And that she would actually go through with it this time.

"It's not like Lilith can see what you're doing. She's just trying to mess with you." Isabelle points out as the demon just wanted to play with her like she was doing with Jace.

"But that part of her that's inside of me, I can feel it, taking me over sometimes." Adelaide admits and Isabelle nods, understanding what she was getting at.

"You mean when you attacked me." She says and Adelaide nods her head

"I just don't know what to do." Adelaide replies with a sigh as she leans over, resting her elbows on her knees.

"Surely, Magnus can figure out a spell to get her out." Isabelle states and Adelaide bites her tongue. She knew there might be a way but Magnus was focusing on Jace and she didn't want to take away from that.