(15) 𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

STARING AT A PICTURE OF ALEC AND HERSELF THAT WAS IN HER HAND, Adelaide could feel a single tear drop down her cheek. All she could do was think back to their fight and what she wished she had done differently. Maybe if she said the right thing or even just told him what was going on, he wouldn't have walked out. But she didn't say the right thing. And he did walk out. And now she was alone. Adelaide desperately wanted to go to the institute and just run into his arms but she knew she couldn't. Which was why she was avoiding the institute all together.

"Adelaide." Adelaide turns at the sound of her name, only to see Lilith standing beside her. A small gasp leaves her lips as she backs up, not understanding how the woman was in front of her right now.

"How--" She cuts herself off, almost wanting to pinch herself to see if this was even real. "This isn't possible." Adelaide admits as Lilith just walks around her. Lilith laughs sinisterly as she raises an eyebrow.

"Actually it is quite possible. Now that we are linked together." Lilith points out as she circles the woman before stopping in front of her. Adelaide states at Lilith before it hits her.

"You're not actually here." Adelaide states, narrowing her eyes and Lilith tilts her head.

"I am, in your mind." She corrects, so technically she was but if someone else were to arrive, they wouldn't be able to see her.

"What do you want?" Adelaide asks with a sigh as she crosses her arms against her chest, not in the mood to play any games.

"So hostile." Lilith teases but Adelaide was not impressed by her comment. "I'd think you'd be a little less on edge, now that you have your powers back." She admits and adelaides eyes widen slightly at her words.

"How did you know about that?" Adelaide didn't think she got too much news down in Edom.

"How do I know you have your powers back?" Lilith asks her as she raises an eyebrow at Adelaide. "Well, I always knew you would get that, I just never realized how naive and stupid you were to trust anything that Jonathan had to say to you." She explains and Adelaide was a little taken aback, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What?"

"Did the question of how he even got you your powers back, ever cross your mind? Or did you just blindly listen to whatever he said." Lilith asks her curiously and Adelaide just crosses her arms against her chest, shrugging her shoulders.

"He told me he could get my powers back, I just had to make a deal." Adelaide responds but that wasn't exactly what Lilith wanted to know.

"Yes, but how did you get your powers back?" Lilith questions and Adelaide goes to open her mouth but stops herself, hesitating since she didn't exactly know. "What, you think he just had them in his back pocket?" She asks with a snort and if Adelaide wasn't confused, she would've surely slapped the woman.