(20) 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

TO SAY THIS WAS HER DUMBEST IDEA TO DATE WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Adelaide knew Lilith wouldn't be stupid enough to attack her here in Edom, but still being here was not the highlight of her year. She shouldve said goodbye to Alec at least but she didn't want to waste any time. Jace would tell him why she did what she did and that would have to be okay. Maybe they'd reunite in the next life.

A bat flies the the air, letting out a squeaking sound as it comes toward them. Adelaide lifts her hand but a fire ball hits it before she can do anything. She moves her eyes to Isabelle, raising an eyebrow at the woman. "I could've done that but okay." Adelaide says as she places her hands on her hips. Her eyes move around the area, a sigh leaving her lips. "Magnus, where are you?" She mutters to herself as she just wanted to find him before Lilith did.

"We'll find him." Isabelle assures her. Adelaide nods her head but looked a bit distant. Isabelle had been seeing that for a few weeks now. "Is everything okay?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows. She wondered what might be on her mind.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Adelaide replies as she meets Isabelles gaze once again. Isabelle narrows her eyes a bit.

"You've been acting off lately." Isabelle points out, noticing a change in her behaviour.

"No, I haven't." Adelaide denies, moving her eyes to the ground. Isabelle just raises an eyebrow at her.

"For someone who just got engaged recently, you're not jumping for joy." Isabelle points out, crossing her arms against her chest. It was clear that something was wrong, Adelaide just wasn't saying what it was.

"I hide my emotions." She retorts as she shrugs her shoulders. Isabelle sighs as she shakes her head, gazing at the woman. She would grab her hand if she wasn't afraid to hurt Adelaide.

"Adelaide, it's me." Isabelle says, wanting Adelaide to know she can tell her instead of keeping it a secret. "You can tell me anything." She assures the woman. Adelaide frowns, she didn't want to lie to her but she felt it was for the best.

"Not this." Adelaide denies as she shakes her head, looking away from Isabelle.

"Why not?" She asks, confused on how bad she thought it was that she couldn't say what it was. Adelaide sighs as she closes her eyes for a moment.

"Iz, it's more complicated than you think." Adelaide admits. Isabelle stays silent for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek.

"If it's something about Alec--"

"It's not." Adelaide assures her. She didn't know what Isabelle mightve been thinking but Adelaide would never to anything to purposely hurt Alec. Well, Isabelle may think differently when she learned what Adelaides been keeping from everyone.