(12) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐫

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE KNOCKS ON THE DOOR OF ISABELLE'S ROOM, peeking her head in and noticing that Isabelle was sat on her bed, staring down at her phone. The girl glances up, seeing Adelaide by the door. "Hey, Iz." She says as she waves lightly and Isabelle smiles brightly at her, putting her phone down on her lap.

"Hey! What's up?" Isabelle asks as she watches as the girl nervously walks over to her, sitting beside her on the bed. Isabelle turns to her, concern spreading on her face as she could tell that something had happened.

"I need to talk to you about something." Adelaide tells her and Isabelle nods her head, bringing her hand to Adelaide's.

"What's wrong?" She asks, worry in her eyes as she was afraid it was something bad. Adelaide takes a deep breath before moving her eyes to Isabelle's.

"Jonathan came to see me." She admits with a sigh and Isabelle stares at the woman in shock. Isabelle was definitely not thinking her problem would involve Jonathan.

"What?! When?" She asks, sitting up steaught and Adelaide moves her gaze to her hands.

"Last night." Adelaide responds and Isabelle didn't really know what to say.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Isabelle questions and adelaide could only shrug her shoulders.

"I was just thinking." She admits and Isabelle looked a bit confused.

"About what?"

"He said he'd get me my powers back." She tells the woman who seemed a bit suspicious of the whole situation.

"In exchange for what?" Isabelle asks, knowing that Jonathan wouldn't just do it out of the goodness in his heart.

"Bringing Lilith back." Adelaide answers and Isabelle's jaw drops for a second before immediately shaking her head

"Are you insane?" Isabelle asks her, they could not risk bringing Lilith back, even if it meant that Adelaide got her powers back.

"Obviously I didn't say yes." She replies with a sigh as she fiddles with her fingers. "Plus, I'm not sure why he wants to bring Lilith back from Edom anyways." Adelaide knew there was something that Jonathan wasn't telling her. She didn't trust him and she knew she shouldn't.

"We'll find another way to get your powers back. Do not accept it." Isabelle responds as they didn't need someone else because connected to Jonathan in some way.