(14) 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ISABELLE FINDS ADELAIDE IN THE WEAPONS ROOM, but she wasn't particularly doing anything, only staring at the rack of seraph blades. She walks over to the girl, placing her hand on Adelaides shoulder to get her attention. Adelaide jumps slightly, turning around, only to see that it was Isabelle. "Oh, hi." She says softly and Isabelle looked a bit concerned, wondering if there was something on her mind.

"Are you okay?" Isabelle asks curiously as she lifts her hand to the woman's arm, rubbing it slightly. Adelaide nods her head, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good." Adelaide says, not wanting Isabelle to worry about her. Isabelle didn't exactly take it quickly though as she was still quite concerned for her.

"Are you sure?" She questions and Adelaide let's out a small sigh, giving a soft smile and taking the girls hand in her own, giving it a tight squeeze.

"Izzy, Im fine, promise." She assures the woman who still didn't quite believe her but decided to leave the subject.  "Did you need something?" Adelaide asks, wondering why she had walked over to her.

"I just wanted to let you know that we might have found a way to unlink Clary from Jonathan." Isabelle tells her and Adelaide raises her eyebrows.

"Really, how?"

"Simon's going undercover at the gard." Adelaide was a bit confused on what that had to do with Clary and Jonathan.

"The gard? Isn't that really dangerous?" Adelaide asks her and Isabelle nods her head.

"If it works, we could potentially find more about heavenly fire." Isabelle points out and yeah that would be good, but it would only work if Simon survived going to to gard.

"How is this supposed to unlink Clary?"

"We think we can do it with the sword glorious, we just have to find it." Isabelle explains to her and Adelaide nods her head but she was still confused with a part of the plan.

"Oh, so Simon going to the prison isn't really a part of it." Adelaide says, tilting her head as she didn't see what Simon going to the gard had to do with it.

"No, but we need to figure out what they're doing to the downworlders there." Isabelle tells her and Adelaide scoffs, her jaw clenching as the clave wasn't exactly about following their own rules.

"Probably torturing them." She mumbles as she looks down at her feet, kicking one against the ground. Isabelle frowns as she takes a step closer to the woman.