(19) 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE RESTED AGAINST THE COUCH AS SHE LOOKED OVER AT ALEC, the man just sat at his desk. She knew she had to tell him. Adelaide just didnt know how to do it. Alec would be angry with her, especially since she didnt tell him right away. But she feared that jace would say something without meaning to and that would cause everything to come crashing down. Adelaide didnt want to lose Alec, she was terrifed.

Being so deep in her thought, she didnt even realize that Alec had met her gaze. "What?" She hears him ask causing her vision to become clear and her eyes to be gazing into his. Alec had slight amusement in his gaze but he was also curious as to why she was just staring at him.

Adelaide places a smile on her lips as she gets up from the chair. "Can't I just admire my fiance?" She asks him as she makes her way over. Alec turns his chair, allowing her to straddle his waist, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I love that word." Alec responds with a smile, tilting his head. He leans forward, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. Adelaide sighs as she strokes his cheek, leaning against the man. The kiss lasts for a few more seconds before she ultimately pulls away from him.

"Alec, uh, can we talk?" She asks him hesitantly. Adelaide felt her heart start to race as his eyes locked on her once again.

"About what? Is everything okay?" Alec asks her, concern in his tone as his hands squeezed her hips lightly. Adelaide forces the smile back onto her face as she nods her head.

"Yeah, of course it is." Adelaide assures him, not wanting to worry him but she knew that was a given. Alec would worry and he would most likely be angry with her. "I just..." She trails off for a moment, closing her eyes. Adelaide couldn't bring herself to say it.

How could you say; I'm connected to Lilith and can't figure out a way to get rid of it so if we do try and kill her, I will die as well. Sorry that I didn't tell you but I didn't want to lose you but I fear thats gonna happen anyways.

Like, how does that come out so easily? "Hey, what is it?" Alec questions, growing with more worry as he tried to get her to look at him. Adelaide clears her throat, shaking her head.

"Nothing." She denies, backing out, mainly because of fear. "Just forget I said anything." Adelaide says, looking away from him. Alec frowns as he furrows his eyebrows a bit.

"Adelaide, I can tell that there's something you're not telling me." Alec points out, nudging her chin with his finger so that she looked back at him. Adelaide meets his gaze, her hand stroking his cheek.