(2) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC STOOD IN MAGNUS' LIVING ROOM WITH JACE, CLARY, ISABELLE AND MAGNUS. They were all trying to still come to terms with what had happened to Adelaide. It seemed like she was back to normal, but what was normal nowadays.
"

Voices?" Jace asks, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought that maybe she was just hallucinating. But if Adelaide was awake and actually telling Alec that she heard someone talking to her, then it was more serious than they originally thought.

"That's what she said." Alec says as he taps his hand against his arm. Isabelle only looks confused as she puts a hand on her hip.

"What kind of voices?" Isabelle asks her brother as she knew the man was worried for Adelaide. They all were. None of them wanted her to have to go through something like this. Whatever this was.

"She said she heard a woman telling her horrible things. For her to do horrible things." He tells them and they all just look beyond confused. Clary shakes her head, her arms crossing against her chest.

"What is it?" Clary asks them but it didn't seem like any of them had an answer. Alec looks towards Magnus who was just taking in all of the information.

"Magnus?" He asks but the warlock just lets out a sigh, shaking his head.

"I don't know, I've never heard about this before. I've never seen anything like it." Magnus states as for as long as he's been around, he hadn't seen someone go through this or experience any like symptoms. It wasn't like the girl was possessed, she was still very much there but someone else was with her.

"So, you have nothing to help her." Alec says, his voice a little bit harsh as he crosses his arms against his chest.

"I'm sorry Alexander, but my expertise can only do so much." Magnus replies as he wished he knew the answer but he was afraid that it wasn't that simple.

"Well, try harder." Alec snaps at him, catching everyone off guard as pure anger floods Alecs veins. Magnus furrows his eyebrows, staring back at the shadowhunter.

"Alec." Jace says, the man looking towards him, anger still clear on his face. "He's doing the best he can." He says, not wanting to start a fight, especially not with the one person who might actually be able to help Adelaide.

"Well maybe his best isn't good enough." Alec sneers as he clenches his jaw, glaring at Magnus who just stared back at him. Isabelle's eyes widen as she hardly ever sees her brother talk to someone like this.