5 - "Someone I Know"

"Hun, where'd you get that top?" Jessica, a coworker asked Lisa

Jessica was from Venezuela and was shapely just like Lisa. She was pear-shaped and had big hips and a big butt to match. This was due to the BBL she got in Brazil three years ago.

Even though Lisa knew Jessica's body wasn't her natural body, they still bonded over the attention both positive and negative they received.

"Bloomingdales."

Jessica put a hand on her chest and tossed her head back. "The color is to die for!"

A lot of people complimented her on the silk blouse this morning. It was like a silver-ivory color.

"Thanks."

"I have an appointment in the next five minutes. The man is smoking hot, okay? He's a stocky build like a football player, deep voice...just ugh. I know I said I would never date a client but for him? I would risk it all!"

Lisa and Jessica laughed at Jessica's comment. Lisa became curious. "What's his issue?" She asked. They were psychologists, the fine ones always had the most problems.

"He has severe anxiety. He hyperventilates, can't sleep well sometimes and can't maintain relationships he says. His family tries to help with treatments, but nothing seems to be helping. So they sent him here to see if therapy will help."

"Okay." Lisa said nodding her head. It wasn't as bad as the abandonment, trust and abuse issues she dealt with all the time.

The two women parted and went into their offices. Lisa had an hour of free time before her first appointment, so she was bored. She forgot to bring her book, because she could've definitely read up on the juicy drama in her novel to kill time.

She had a total of eight clients. So her week was usually very busy. She wanted to call Yana but knew she was probably busy as well. She opened her salon seven in the morning to do hair.

Lisa decided to check her job emails. She signed into her Google account and read through emails about upcoming meetings and job events when she stumbled across one that stuck out to her.

email: kennethmarshall87@gmail.com

subject: Rekindling

Hello Lisa, I am reaching out to you because over the years I have reflected over my decisions and I want to right my wrongs. I know I have done a lot and probably caused a lot of pain, but I want to meet with you in hopes of rekindling a relationship with you as my daughter. I know you may be angry and not want to see me, but I ask that you think about it and reach out to me. My number is attached in the email or you can just reply to this email. Your father, Kenneth.

Lisa exited out of the email so fast she almost broke the computer. "Get the fuck out of here!" She said to herself, her sister had told her he was planning to reach out, but that was over two years ago. She didn't know what made him finally gain the balls to do it.