8 - "Dallas"

Authors' note: Last chapter Ember was in so many scenes because asterisks '***' implies a time skip of a few hours or a day or two later in the same chapter

Authors' note: Last chapter Ember was in so many scenes because asterisks '***' implies a time skip of a few hours or a day or two later in the same chapter. Everything was not happening at the same time.

Dallas, Texas

The air was warm and comforting and Cilia stood in awe. It wasn't her first time in Texas. She had come six years ago when she was captured by her family for the first time. Back then she hadn't even known she was in Dallas until she was in the mansion; realizing by looking out of the windows it didn't seem like familiar territory. Now years later she stood in front of this same house she'd been held in against her will for a mini-vacation.

Cilia glanced over at Ember, waiting for the annoying petty bitch to tell her she couldn't go inside. It was her and Emery's house after all and she had every right to deny her access. It's not like Cilia wanted to be here. She came in support of Lisa. She wasn't going to leave Lisa alone with White Locus. She was the mediator for the two.

"Mommy help me."

Cilia turned to see Phenix holding up the line to walk down the stairs of the Mercedes Benz Sprinter. It was a large family van that had twelve people inside. Cilia and her kids, Lisa and her child, Keshawn, Locus, Dalton, Ember and Locus's solider Jay.

It was a luxury travel van but still too small for the amount of people who were in it. Still, they had made it work. The road trip had been fun. They took a plane from New York to Arkansas, then rented the van from Arkansas to Dallas which was a five hour ride.

Cilia decided to bring her kids like Locus suggested. Just so they could see where she was born. She and Allele still weren't talking, so he stayed home.

Jaxon sucked his teeth, pushing Phenix in his back. "Go!"

"Stop!" Cilia, Alix and Egypt said at the same time.

Egypt was holding her pink Hello Kitty suitcase by the handle, standing behind her cousins. Phenix was being a little dramatic. The height of the vehicle was a little high but if he jumped out, there was no way he would hurt himself. Still, she didn't think his brother pushing him was making it any better.

Cilia came over and easily lifted him under his arms and planted him on his feet. Everyone else held onto the rail and came out one by one. When she saw Alix holding his baby sister she took her from him first before he attempted to get out the van with her.

Once he was out she returned Casi to him. Him and his sister were inseparable.

"You guys can leave your bags." Cilia told all the kids. "We'll come back and get them later."

"Yes, leave them." Locus cosigned, looking over her shoulder. She knew no one would be staying past tonight any way. She just didn't say it.

That's why she kept Roselyn and Mark home as well. There was no need to bring them for the chaos that would ensue. She only brought her mother and brother so she could expose their precious Lotus. Make them see who he really was. The fact his daughter was here too was icing on the cake. She only needed Cilia here so it wouldn't scare Lisa being alone with her and make her cancel the trip or freak out and call Lotus before they arrived.