13 - "Lifeline"

Lotus walked down the grand staircase with Gene in his left arm

Lotus walked down the grand staircase with Gene in his left arm. The entire house was cool due to the hi-tech air conditioning system. The season was getting warmer so Lotus wanted his family and staff to be comfortable. Gene had two gummy worms in his hand. His toes wiggling as he was singing. He was in heaven for a kid his age.

Lotus walked through the hallway being greeted by staff who also greeted Gene. The baby would mumble hellos to everyone who said hi to him. He was super shy to anyone who was not his father because he wasn't use to the people from New York. Even Dalton and Ember he was still mousy with.

"Evening Mr. Lotus." A maid named Danielle who cleaned the bathrooms, called out. "Hi Gene!"

"Hi." He said so low only Lotus heard him.

Danielle smiled as she watched them walk by. Lotus and his son were inseparable. Everyone saw it, the staff, his family, neighbors and even some strangers when he walked past on the street. Lotus couldn't keep his lips off his son either. Gene was doused in kisses on a daily, to the point it sometimes annoyed the small boy.

"Daddy, I eat gummy worm."

"I know, I see you. You like it?" Lotus said walking to the front doors.

"Yes." He said, chewing on the one in his mouth. The red and blue one sticking to the center of his palm.

"Guess what Genie in a Bottle. I have a surprise for you?"

"Suh-pie?"

"Yeah." Lotus said kissing his cheek. Lotus opened the door, seeing his driver pull up with the Wilson family. He took Gene's tiny hand and made him start waving.

"Gia and mommy are here, little guy. And your grandma." He whispered in his ear.

Gene started bouncing in his hand. "Mommy? Gee-Gee? Gah-ma?"

"Uh-huh." Lotus said. The backdoor to the white Bentley opened and Gia came running out.

She was crying when she came speed running over. She let go of the handle of her suitcase in the process as she came in their direction. Lotus got low so she would be able to hug Gene.

He was completely caught off guard when Gia threw herself on him. He fell on his ass, almost dropping Gene. Gia wrapped her arms around him, crying. He thought she would only go for her cousin. She really wasn't lying on the phone when she said she missed him too.

Lotus felt so bad for putting them out now. He technically didn't-his mother had since it was her house. But he could've found somewhere else to put them. He was just so angry walking in the room that day and seeing Ty'kerah smiling and enjoying what was happening, that he got mad and wasn't thinking and just reacted.

Lotus rubbed her back. "Don't cry."

"Gee-Gee?" Gene squeaked following his dad. "No cry."

Gia looked at Gene and threw her other arm around him creating a group hug.