24 - "Delusional"

Lotus stared at Gene intensely

Lotus stared at Gene intensely. He wasn't really focused on his son playing with the yellow plastic bucket full of wet sand; he just happened to be staring in his direction.

He was more focused on the phone call that he was having with his soldier. He had Mark being watched. He had a man visit Mark four days ago to tell him that the plan was near. That he was getting ready to kill White Locus and he would need him to be ready when that time came. After that he had Mark being watched by a few men to see if his behavior had changed since then. To see if it looked like he had told Locus.

But his men claimed she wasn't walking around looking paranoid or had a bunch of extra security with her. Both Mark and Locus were acting like usual. Mark went to work at his office job, White Locus handled cartel affairs, Roselyn stayed with their mother Ember sometimes or her parents when they were free, and other times they did family things. Everything was like normal.

"Alright, you can stop tailing him. Just wanted to make sure that everything was fine." Lotus said, looking at Gene's small hands pat the top of the sand bucket.

He hung the phone up then smiled at his son who'd been playing with the sand bucket for the last thirty minutes. Lotus, Ty'kerah and the kids were at the beach. While Ty'kerah and Gia were in the water, Lotus and Gene sat under a large beach umbrella on top a towel.

Gene wanted no parts of the water Ty'kerah and Gia had gone to go swim in. He hadn't even attempted to go, so he had no idea what the water was like. He just liked the feel of the sand too much to want to move from where he was. Gene was in some swimming trunks and a white vest. Lotus was wearing cargo shorts and a black t-shirt.

It was 80° degrees out today, a hot day in the Summer of September. It was September 7th and 6:00pm. Lotus, Ty'kerah and the kids had been going places every day since the week started. Breakfast at a restaurant one day, shopping the next, the movies, the Metropolitan Museum of art and now on Thursday after Gia had gotten out of school, they were at the beach. All their recent outings were to celebrate Gia officially becoming his daughter. He had the paperwork and everything.

"What are you doing, Gummy Worm?"

The toddler said something Lotus didn't understand. But he was clearly enjoying himself.

Lotus looked at his watch, ready to go. They'd been out every single day for the last four days; he was tired now. Besides, Gene's actual birthday was tomorrow so he was sure they were gonna do something for that. Then still have his celebration with Cilia's kids next week. Lotus was feeling burnt out and wanted some rest.

Just then Gia and Ty'kerah returned from the water, soaking wet. But the sun would dry it all off in a minute. Both were in one piece bathing suits. Gia in pink with strawberries all over it and Ty'kerah in a plain black looking stupid as shit with a long head wrap wrapped around her face, only her eyes visible. It looked just like the niqab Muslim women wore. Some people stared at her, others didn't trying to be polite.