10 - "Sneaking Out Of School"

"Look at you, sneaking out of school an' shit

"Look at you, sneaking out of school an' shit." Rome said, arms and smile wide as Egypt sprinted toward him. "I thought you were gonna stand me up."

Some days had passed and Egypt and Rome had gotten closer. So close, he and Egypt were boyfriend and girlfriend now. She even hung around his friends. Lisa had gotten her a cellphone just yesterday as well, so they would be able to talk and text each other now.

They had made the plans in school the day before to skip school today. Rome didn't take her seriously because she seemed like the type that would agree and then chicken out at the last minute. So to see her here he was surprised. She would be down in no time.

She dressed in school uniform and was dropped off as usual. Keshawn watched her go inside and she waited a minute making sure he was most likely gone. Children and parents were coming in and out so no one noticed her slip back out the building through a side entrance and disappear. Rome didn't even bother to go to school like her. He went straight to the meeting spot. Egypt went to school first to make it seem like she went in the building then took a public bus to meet him by the nearby library.

Rome wrapped his arms around her, low key rubbing on her butt. He pulled away real quick, looking her up and down. "You all scared and shit, calm down."

"Yeah because what if the teachers call my mom and tell them I didn't come today?" She reasoned.

Rome waved her off with the wave of a hand. "Nah, they don't do that for a student missing one day. Only if you one of them real lames that never miss a day of school. But if you've been out a few times before, they don't call that easily. They just figure you sick or something. Just chill. Let's go to my house."

"Your house?"

"Yeah, well it's an apartment. My grandma and uncle not there. We got the place to ourselves."

Egypt got a little scared. Not of him, just of getting caught. Honestly she didn't even know where she was right now. She used her Google maps to get here. Leaving and going further out to his house was only making her punishment worse if she got caught.

"Imma take good care of you, E. Stop worrying. I'll have you back at school before dismissal. I'll take you myself."

Egypt twisted her lips to the side, she was kind of excited. She wanted to go to his place. She bet they would kiss. If they had the apartment to themselves she was sure that's what they would end up doing. "Okay, okay!" She said.

They walked a few blocks to hit up another bus route. They jumped on and rode the bus twenty minutes back to his complex. He had an unlimited metro card being a minor and his family made low-income. So he was able to pay for both of them. Egypt was chauffeured so the school never issued her a card.

Egypt noticed the change in neighborhood. It seemed a little rougher here. It wasn't scary, just the sidewalks were chipped and there was some littering and graffiti. Nothing too major that made her terrified. They got off the bus and walked five minutes to his apartment building.