16 - "Adopt"

Allele drove his night black Mercedes-Benz G 550 SUV up to the tall wrought iron gate

Allele drove his night black Mercedes-Benz G 550 SUV up to the tall wrought iron gate. He put the passcode in from his phone instead of leaning out the window to punch in the code or speak into the intercom.

When the gates opened he drove further into his property and the iron gate closed behind him. He drove up the asphalt, approaching the three door garage. When he got close he tapped the brakes and waited for it to open. Once it did he drove the SUV inside and the garage door closed behind him.

He turned the engine off and got out, heading into the house. Allele unlocked the door and was met with a lively house. He met the television blasting on Nickelodeon as an episode of SpongeBob played. He walked over and spotted the remote on the couch where Jaxon was laid back with his eyes glued to the tv. His head was on the armrest and the rest of his body stretched out along the couch.

The father picked the remote up and turned the volume down to an appropriate level. "You're not deaf Jaxon you're right there." Allele bent down and kissed him on the forehead.

He was growing tall, at four-years-old his features were a replica of a younger Allele. His skin dark and smooth like his father's and his hair done in neat, medium size twists that showed off the length and fullness of his hair.

Allele then looked to his left and saw his daughter Casi was sitting on the far end of the couch in a t-shirt and pampers. She was engrossed with the show as well even though she was too small to understand it. When she saw him she stood in the couch and raised her hands to be picked up.

Allele scooped his daughter into his arms and she immediately started talking.

"Hi baby girl, how was your day?"

"Good!" Then she started saying a bunch of indecipherable things.

"I see." Allele pointed at Jaxon. "Was he nice?"

"Yes."

"Alright, good." Allele put her back down to watch her show.

At the sound of their father's voice the remaining two, Phenix and Alix came running down the stairs. They both tackled their father, wrapping themselves around a leg each. Allele rubbed the top of their heads.

"Daddy come! Come! I wanna show you something!" Phenix exclaimed, tugging on his leg.

"Yeah!" Alix cosigned, "Come quick!"

Allele smiled feeling like this was the life he had missed out on as a child. Not having a father he could experience this with. He wouldn't trade his kids for the world. Knowing he was so loved and there were people who needed and depended on him felt good.

Allele chuckled and allowed his boys to guide him. The boys dragged him up the staircase and took him to his bedroom. They pushed the door open and Alix pointed at Cilia.

"Daddy look at mommy face!"

Cilia ended her phone call and looked at them. She just got off the phone with Dion. She finally took a chance and called just to make sure he was okay.