29 - "Hunting West"

Andre West walked into his master bedroom and saw his wife's hips swaying from side to side as she rapped along to Remy Ma's Conceited

Andre West walked into his master bedroom and saw his wife's hips swaying from side to side as she rapped along to Remy Ma's Conceited. The music played from her unreleased iPhone 15 that was on their kingsized bed. Andre made sure she always got the best of the best.

She stood in front of a wide and full length arch mirror, holding a ruby red dress up to her slender frame. She owned a lot of red clothing since it was the color that looked best on her walnut brown skin. The dress was a piece from Alieva.

Andre stood in the doorway and watched her with a blank face.

"See I look too good for this necklace." Mabinty threw the dress down and started rapping louder. "And I look too good to be wearing this..."

Full of energy, she rapped and danced to the old 2000's rap hit. As the song ended and the beat was playing out, she turned around and jumped out her skin when she saw Andre standing on the threshold.

She thought he was at his mother's house. He had texted her that there was a situation going on there. He was undoing the cuffs to his dress shirt and judging by his face he didn't look happy. She stared at him, not knowing if she should say something or not.

The master bedroom was now quiet as Andre undid the brown crocodile leather strap to his Breguet Grande Complication watch. It was a last year 2022 model, but he liked the piece. It was $80,000 dollars. The case was Rose Gold, the dial skeleton and the movement manual.

Mabinty had both hands on her hips trying to catch her breath. Andre put his watch down on the bed and unloosened his tie. His dark russet brown eyes studying her. Sometimes it was hard to get a read on her husband. She couldn't tell if he was angry because something went down at his mother or if he was annoyed by the noise she'd been making.

"Are you too conceited to welcome me home?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Mabinty smiled and sprinted over to him. She tiptoed and caught his face between her hands, kissing his soft lips. She let the soles of her feet touch the floor again but didn't let go of his face. "Is Ma okay?" She asked, referring to her mother-in-law.

"She's fine, just a mishap. She thought someone was following her but they weren't."

Andre kept his wife out his cartel affairs as much as possible. The situation was rectified and didn't end up with his mother being in danger so she didn't need to know what went down. He tried to do the same with his mother. If it wasn't something she absolutely needed to know, then he didn't bring it up.

"So...are we still on for dinner?" Mabinty asked.

"We are. We'll be late but it's fine our table will still be reserved. Just give me ten minutes to shower and change." Andre said, going inside the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, the Hummer limousine moved in silence on the road with the couple in the back. It would take forty minutes for them to get there. So eventually, Andre rested the back of his head on the seat and closed his eyes.