TEENAGE CALAMITY

"welcome to the panic room"

SYNOPSIS, , ,

VIOLET HARRINGTON had one hell of a past. Since she was born, she didn't stand a chance. Her mom died just moments after giving her a name, and she was taken from the hospital and placed into another one. Only, it wasn't a hospital, but instead a lab. See, her mom was a very desperate and sick woman, she was born with a terminal illness and her becoming pregnant made life harder for her.

BUT THEN she saw some flyers for a scientific trial experiment, and she went to the lab and talked to the man who was the head of it, a certified scientist named Martin Brenner. He promised her mother that these trials and experiments could help her, and she agreed and officially became one of his guinea pigs. For nine months her mother went through the process of Dr. Brenner's experiments, and these trials changed her mother in a remarkable way.

SHE HAD gained the ability of telekinesis, she could move things with her mind and control it with practice and guidance. However, it did nothing to solve her incurable medical problems, so after giving birth to Violet she died from her body not being able to withstand the aftermath of the pregnancy, and the process that Dr. Brenner used to do experiments on her.

FOR FOUR years Violet lived in the lab, they did tests on her, let her play with all the other kids who lived there too, and they fed her and made sure that she was taken care of. But then her fifth birthday rolled around, she was pulled out of her small white walled bedroom with drawings splayed on the walls by the hand of Dr. Brenner, and brought to a room with a table and two chairs.

HE PLACED an empty soda can infront of her, and he instructed her to crush it. At first she was confused and she raised her hands to crush it between her stubby palms, but then he pulled it back and told her to use her mind. She didn't understand what he meant by that, so then he explained what he wanted her to do. He told her to focus on the can with all of her concentration, to imagine herself crushing the can in her mind. Not with her hands, but with her own sheer will.