007

CHAPTER SEVEN: "It's Like Home

CHAPTER SEVEN:
"It's Like Home."

ONE ride on their bikes from Mike's house to the school later, and the five of them are making their way through the glass double doors of the middle school and walking down the hallway

ONE ride on their bikes from Mike's house to the school later, and the five of them are making their way through the glass double doors of the middle school and walking down the hallway. She hoped that she wouldn't run into the principal, because that would be a little hard to explain since her brother called and said she was sick and was gonna miss school. The plan was to get into the AV Club room, use the radio to find Will, and get out.

"Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad." Mike tells them.

"Attention students, there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now." Mike walks to the AV Club room door as their principal speaks over the PA system, he tries to open the door but he finds that it's locked shut. "Do not got to fourth period."

Mike huffs and turns to them, "It's locked."

"What?" Lucas walked up to the door and jiggled the knob.

"Hey, Vi, El." Dustin called to them, "Do you think one of you guys could open it with your powers."

"Violet, boys?" Mr. Clarke asked as he walked around the corner.

Violet froze, "Uh, hi, Mr. Clarke."

"The assembly's about to start." He informed them.

"We know. We're just, you know..." Mike trails off and looks down, feigning sadness.

"Upset." Lucas inserted quickly, pulling a frown.

Violet nods, "Really upset."

"Yeah," Dustin stammers, "Definitely upset."

"We need some alone time." Mike conveyed.

"To cry." Dustin added.