045

Chapter Forty Five: "Talk about a hero's sacrifice

Chapter Forty Five:
"Talk about a hero's sacrifice."

     WHEN Violet comes to, she's genuinely shocked to find that there's air in her lungs

When her eyes fluttered closed and she allowed the exhaustion to fully consume her, she expected to be on death's doorstep. She even gave her version of a goodbye to Steve when she gave in and accepted the inevitable.

And yet, here she was, breathing through a tube in her nose, with an incessant machinery beeping ringing in her ears beside the hospital bed she's laid in. She blinked slowly as her eyes adjust to the brightness of the room, and her gaze wanders the four walled medium sized space.

Her head felt a little bit fuzzy, her mouth was kind of dry, but on the upside there was no pain. It didn't take long at all for her memories to come rushing back, she knew exactly why she was here and what occurred tonight. Or well, judging by the sun's golden rays peaking in through the window, it's safe to say that she remained unconscious through the night.

She assessed her current state and her russet gaze lands on the all white cast wrapped around her wrist, then with her good hand she lifts the blankets that pooled at her waist and she grabs at the soft t-shirt she's wearing that she recognized from home and raised it up her stomach.

Her eyes grew slightly as she sees the bandages that covered up her abdomen, from what she could tell they've definitely completed her operation. She couldn't help but wonder what they asked, but even more, what Steve told them had happened to her.

It's not like he can tell them that she was viciously attacked by an interdimensional monster, they'd lock him up in Pennhurst and throw away the key.

In the midst of her thoughts, she heard the turning of a doorknob, her gaze flitters towards the door and it opens slowly as a red haired nurse with unruly curls walks into the room. She smiles kindly as she holds a clipboard in her grip.