027

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: "Come Back To Us

"Come Back To Us."

     EVERYONE had met up at the Byer's household, since last year their home had become the unofficial meeting place for them to group together and talk about what the hell was happening in this town

EVERYONE had met up at the Byer's household, since last year their home had become the unofficial meeting place for them to group together and talk about what the hell was happening in this town. Once they got of their vehicles, they all piled into the house and there were questions were flying back and forth from each of the three groups.

Steve lead the conversation on what happened with himself, Violet, and the others. Nancy and Jonathan explained that they went out of town, with a plan to expose Hawkins Lab with a journalist name Murray Bauman. And finally, Hopper did all the talking with what went down at Hawkins Lab. Apparently, Will and Joyce had been at the lab since Saturday after Will had that episode two days before.

And Hopper, well, he explained that he almost got himself killed down in a Demogorgon made tunnel while trying to investigate the pumpkin field. He said he'd gotten complaints all week about rotting crops, so when he went to see for himself he dug into the ground and fell right into the cave of Upside Down vines that tried to strangle him.

If it weren't for Joyce and her boyfriend Bob finding him, he would've been a goner.

When they got to the lab they told them about Will and what Hopper discovered, and he found out that the gate to the Upside Down that was supposedly contained was anything but. Down in the basement of the lab it was growing and festering, spreading throughout the town like a disease.

Killing and rotting every plant and crop in sight, all the while baby Demogorgons were creating tunnels underneath the ground.

And when the subject of Bob Newby, the new man in Joyce's life was brought up due to his absence, the poor woman's face crumbled and tears welled up in her eyes. She picks herself up from the livingroom couch, makes her way down the hall muffling her sobs, and she opens the door to Will's bedroom and she disappears behind it.

The door shuts with a soft click, and she hasn't been out since.

It's only when Hopper knows she's gone and could no longer hear them, that he tells the rest of the teens that Bob met a brutal and horrific fate while helping them escape the lab, he refused to say anymore than that.