026

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: "Pissing Contest

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:
"Pissing Contest."

     VIOLET really wished she hadn't left her bike back at the junkyard

VIOLET really wished she hadn't left her bike back at the junkyard. Walking a really long distance tonight through the woods by of Hawkins was not the best idea. 1. Because her legs muscles were killing her, and 2. There were wild baby Demogorgons running around that could very well come back and attack them.

And yet, everyone was listening and following her brother, who became the unlikely group of five's leader as he held the nail bat tightly in his hands as he lead the way, ready to swing again at a moment's notice.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas inquired, glancing over towards Dustin.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin answers.

"He was tiny two two days ago." Max brings up, a decent amount of skepticism in her tone.

"Well, maybe if Dustin hadn't fed him and nurtured him like an actual pet then maybe he would've took longer to grow." Violet snarks.

Dustin turns to her, shooting an annoyed glare her way. "You're never gonna let me live this down, are you? I said I'm sorry."

Violet scoffs, "Yeah, I got your sorry."

Dustin's eyes roll skyward, he tears his gaze away from her. "Anyway, he's molted three times already."

"Malted?" Steve questions, brows arched in confusion.

"Molted." Dustin corrected, "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hormones."

"So when's he gonna molt again?" Max asked curiously.

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin replied, "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. So will his friends."