019

CHAPTER NINETEEN: "I'm Missing Lunch For This

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
"I'm Missing Lunch For This."

     VIOLET woke up in a terrible mood that morning

VIOLET woke up in a terrible mood that morning. And it wasn't that she was upset or anything, it was that she was straight up anxious. Her hands felt clammy as she got dressed that morning, she barely touched her breakfast that Steve made for her that morning, and it felt like her stomach intestines were tied up knots. She didn't know why, but she felt like today was gonna be a really bad day.

She walked through the double doors of the school with her head down, her hood was covering her face as she made it to her locker. She twirled the dial and opened her locker, then she pulled out her books she needed for her first couple periods and left her bag inside before closing it.

As she closed the compartment, she saw Lucas and Max making their way over to her. The ginger girl smiled at her as she approached with the raven haired boy by her side, Violet tried her very best to ignore the fluttering feeling in her stomach.

Key word; tried.

"Hey Violet." Max greets her.

"Morning, Vi." Lucas beamed, atleast he was in a good mood.

Violet didn't grant either of them with an actual reply, she only held up a hand giving a brief wave, then she walks alongside them as they head down the halls of the school.

"Lucas was just telling me about Will." Max begins to say, trying to get her to join the conversation. "I still don't get why they call him Zombie Boy."

Violet scoffs bitterly, "Because all the kids here are douchebags, with no originality whatsoever."

Max chuckles at her words, Violet's cheeks burn as she stares down at her Converse. "Okay, but, I mean, I get it. He got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? Because everyone thought he was dead?"