022

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: "You've Got A Friend

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:
"You've Got A Friend."

     THE next morning rolled around, and thought Violet didn't feel any better than she did yesterday, she still made herself fill her stomach with food

THE next morning rolled around, and thought Violet didn't feel any better than she did yesterday, she still made herself fill her stomach with food. Because skipping breakfast and lunch yesterday was a mistake, one she wasn't planing on making again. She clears her plate of French Toast, Bacon, and her bowl of Oatmeal, brushed and flossed her teeth, and she grabs her backpack and heads out the front door.

One short bike ride later, and she was pulling up to the middle school in search of her friends. As she parks her bike in the rack, she sees Dustin approaching with his bike.

She waves a hand, "Hey, Dust."

Dustin smiles, "Morning, Vi." He parks his bike next to hers, then he furrowed his brows as he took a look around. "Where's everyone else?"

Violet frowned, then she looked at the rack and realized her friends bikes were already here. "Huh, guess they got here before us."

Dustin shrugs, "Let's go find them."

Together the duo walk around the school, they know that they have to be around outside because the school doors aren't open yet. According to her watch, they have a good 30 minutes before first period.

As they searched around, her ears caught the sound of Mike's voice coming from nearby. She decided to lead the way as she followed where the other two voices Max and Lucas came from as well, and as she turns a corner in the back of the school she sees Max and Mike standing around the school's dumpster.

"This is so disgusting." She hears Max complain, "Is this really necessary?"

"Yeah, I agree." Violet spoke up, making her presence known as she walks over with her arms folded. "Why are you idiots digging in the trash like raccoons again?"