036

Chapter Thirty Six: "Your worst nightmare

Chapter Thirty Six:
"Your worst nightmare."

     SOON after coming to terms with the bone chilling discovery in Billy's bathroom, El, Violet, and Max leave the Mayfield home with the fanny pack in their possession

     SOON after coming to terms with the bone chilling discovery in Billy's bathroom, El, Violet, and Max leave the Mayfield home with the fanny pack in their possession. When they make it outside they realize that it's begun to sprinkle, little droplets of rainfall from the dark gray and cloudy sky just above their heads.

They only have a small window of time before they get completely soaked, so they take off running down the sidewalk, and try to get back to the loft cabin as fast as they possibly could. They raced through the thickets of the woods, hand in hand as they zipped past trees and avoided branches on the ground, then they spot the cabin and rush up the stairs to get to the door.

They didn't plan to stay, they just needed to get in and grab their rain coats before they go back out. So they walk into El's room and Violet drops to her knees infront of her bag, she unzips the backpack and digs through her clothes until she finds her purple raincoat that she always kept on her.

Though the summer has been great, Hawkins is known to get significant amounts of rain now and then.

"Are we really doing this?" Max questions anxiously, she pulls on the sleeves of her yellow raincoat and pulls the hood over her slightly damp red hair.

"Yes." El responds simply, pulling up the hood of red raincoat.

Violet brings her hair forward to rest on her shoulders, "If we don't do this, I don't think I'm gonna be able to stop thinking about it, M." She pulls her hood over her damp raven hair as a sigh escaped from her lips, her gaze slips over to Max and she makes direct eye contact with her girlfriend. "We have to know."

Max nibbles on her lower lip, her gaze lowers to the floor as her arms move to fold over her chest. And then after a moment, she nods her head. "Okay, let's go then."

The trio head out of the log cabin with their overnight bags, and they grab their bikes that they've left on the porch, El hops on the back of Violet's purple bike and they pedal through the woods and make it back to the main roads. Since the fanny pack belonged to what Max guessed would have to be one of Billy's co-workers at the pool, that was their chosen destination.