044

Chapter Forty Four: "Rot in hell

Chapter Forty Four:
"Rot in hell."

     WHEN Violet comes to, it's due to the throbbing ache in her temple, along with her wrist searing with pain since she seemed to have fallen on it

A whimper of pain slips from her lips as she raised her un-injured hand to her temple, she hissed and grits her teeth when the contusion throbs. She pulls her hand back and noticed with her adjusting sight that there's a smudge of crimson on her palm.

Great, her head's bleeding, that's just what she fucking needs.

She very quickly noticed her other senses going haywire, her ears were ringing, her sight was blurry and all she could see were the wild and relentless flickering of her light all around her. But what really made her blood run cold, was the sight of the curly haired dirty blonde who was kneeling above her.

Her vision cleared and his face became more apparent, she whimpers helplessly as he leans down and his lips brushed the shell of her ear. "Just try and stay very still." He said softly, eerily. "It'll all be over soon."

As soon as he raised up her nostrils were assaulted by a dreadful and all too familiar smell, the wafting stench of rotted corpses had returned. In that moment Violet knew, she was absolutely fucked. And as if things couldn't get any worse, she hears a small sob beside her. She whips her head in the direction of the miserable sound, and her russet gaze grew twice their size as they fall upon her telekinetic counter-part.

El is here too, which means... they failed.

The Mind Flayer is going to finish them off, then he's going after their friends and every person that they love, and finally, everyone in town. Everyone in Hawkins would either be dead and used to expand this monstrous beast before them, or they'd be flayed like Billy until he felt they'd ultimately served their purpose. The Mind Flayer and the Upside Down would conquer Hawkins... and eventually, the world.