041

Chapter Fourty One: "You two are hopeless!"

Chapter Fourty One:
"You two are hopeless!"

     AFTER coming out of the void with El, Violet really needed a moment to sink in the safe and sound embrace of Max's arms and well, cry

It was just one thing after the other, she felt so overwhelmed. She literally almost died from strangulation at the hands of that Mind Flayer motherfucker, she witnessed the traumatizing sight of the sludge monster that's flaying everyone in town and turning them into Mind Flayer puppets, and now she heard it from the asshole's mouth that she and her friends are next.

It just never fucking ends.

"He said he was building something." El informed the group surrounding her, "That it was all for me."

Max's features twisted in confusion, "Building something... Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be." Nancy asserts.

Violet sighs heavily, "I sure fucking hope so. I'd hate to think of the Mind Flayer having some larger than life plan to take out the world or some shit."

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas remarks thoughtfully, pacing the wooden floors behind the couch.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike pointed out.

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will declared.

"Not just El, he's taking me down with her." Violet revealed, sparing a glance at Max who's face had immediately drained of all color as she clutched her hand tighter. "He said our powers are nearly identical, I'll get in the way if he lets me live."

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike expressed.

"Royally." Lucas comments.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that El and Vi are are the only thing that can stop him." Mike explains the group, "But if they're out of the way-"

"Game over." Lucas mumbled nervously.