22. Costumes & Unexpected Visits

"I can't believe you two forgot to get a costume

"I can't believe you two forgot to get a costume. We told you weeks in advance," Bella said with annoyance in her tone.

I rolled my eyes and continued looking through the racks. Halloween was tomorrow and somehow Niko convinced Bella and the rest of us to go to a party that was being thrown by one of the soccer boys. How he managed to get Axel on board was beyond me since there was tension between the two.

"I was busy with dance," I replied.

Weeks had passed since I decided to go back and not quit dancing. Except I wasn't going to partake in the next round of competition. Sure, I was going to learn the waltz but that was just in case one of the girls got hurt. I didn't have a partner and didn't want to find one since I don't think I could trust Niko again with it. I was fine with helping with the choreography, it made Val ten times happier knowing I won't be dancing on stage next to her. I'm sure this decision was one I'll regret in the future, but it wasn't one I was regretting currently.

"To be fair Bella, I thought you were joking about going to the party," Axel said from the other side of the rack.

"How did Niko convince you anyway?" I asked as I looked over an angel costume. Bella was anti-parties, anti-everything that meant having fun. Which was why we never attended parties, well with her knowing of course. Axel and I went to a few parties throughout the year, it was never anything exciting except for the thrill of drinking underage. I never was one to engage in drinking though, I was always looking over Axel since he did occasionally partake. Not only him but Vince would join us too. It was always behind Bella's back which I did feel bad about, but I also wanted to experience it; I didn't want to regret it after I graduated.

Bella sighed. "Actually, Vince was the one who convinced me. He wants to party with his soccer friends. Also, don't get that basic ass costume."

I put it back on the rack and continued looking. "He has always tried convincing you. Is this time different because of a certain fight you had a while back?"

"Not entirely because of that reason but also because I've been thinking a lot about after graduation. I've never gone to a party, and I want to experience it at least once."

I was a little surprised by her answer. It felt a little relieving that I wasn't the only one thinking about graduation and the future.

"Hmm. Did Vince get the pumpkins already?" I changed the subject. Axel was a couple of racks in front of us so he probably couldn't hear us.

Bella checked her phone. "Yeah, he did. Can't believe we also left this last minute."

I chuckled. "To be fair Bella we decided last minute to carve pumpkins. Did he also get the tool?"

"Yes, he did."

I pulled out a costume and held it out to her. "What do you think?"

She examined it and shrugged. "It's better than being an angel."