41. Moving On

Mine and Vince's birthdays were exactly a month apart

Mine and Vince's birthdays were exactly a month apart. I was getting a little nervous with Vince's birthday being on Sunday.

Bella and I were not on good terms. Axel and I were simply not talking to each other. We usually planned something together but it was hard considering I didn't eat lunch with them all week. I was also not sure whether they were planning something since Vince had sat with Everett and me during lunch.

It wasn't terrible and we didn't sit alone. Everett made us sit with some of the baseball players. Thanks to Everett, I was expanding my circle. I met some people I never knew were in my class. Slowly there were more familiar faces everywhere I went.

I admired Everett in some way, he was quick at instantly clicking with people. I wished I had whatever confidence he had when it came to meeting new people.

I was starting to get into the routine of things. My parents weren't there in the mornings, thankfully. I still had to drive myself, to my luck, there was no snow, so it made it easier.

On the chance it did snow, I was fully prepared to ask Niko since he offered himself to drive me back.

I scrummaged through my closet and looked for an outfit to wear. It was Friday afternoon, and I wasn't entirely sure what to wear to the event that Everett invited me to. I didn't want to underdress, but I also didn't want to overdress.

Everett didn't have to do much trying to get my dad to let me go out since my parents went back to being the absent parents they were. They got busy at work which was a plus for me since they couldn't scrutinize everything I did.

Everett last minute invited Vince with us which I'm glad he did. Those two have been getting closer, I'm sure Vince already told Everett about his problems with Bella.

Finally going with a safe option, I took the clothes off the hangers and quickly changed.

With a glance at the time, I knew I had to hurry up. I didn't want to be the one that made us late because I couldn't choose an outfit.

I did a quick touch-up of my makeup and made sure my hair didn't look bad.

My phone buzzed on my bed. I quickly walked over to check it.

Everett: Be there in 5

I sent a quick text and grabbed my wallet and purse before heading downstairs.

It was eerily silent. After having people over for a break, it was back to getting used to the silence.

I put on my shoes and double checked I had everything. I left a few lights on so it wasn't dark when I came back. I was willing to bet my parents weren't coming home especially since it was going to be the weekend. 

I grabbed a water bottle and headed out to the front. Everett was pulling into the driveway as I was locking the front door.

I walked over to his car; Vince was already in the back seat.