38. Dinner with the Young Family

The senior meeting was beyond boring

The senior meeting was beyond boring. It was basically reminders of what needed to be done before graduation. The only upside was that they were going to announce this year's senior trip.

Everett nudged me and whispered, "When are you going to introduce me to Niko?"

I did a quick scan of the auditorium. Niko didn't text me to save him and Julian seats, so I assumed they were running really late. That or they sat somewhere else.

"When he shows up," I told him.

"Finally, the moment everyone has been waiting for. This year it is my pleasure to announce that we will be going to Cancun!" Bella announced. Everyone started clapping and cheering.

I was surprised at how long Bella kept this a secret from all of us. It must have been eating her alive trying to hide it.

Axel nudged me from the other side. "Excited?"

I shrugged. "Maybe as it gets closer, I'll be more excited." Truth was, I wasn't sure if my parents were going to let me go. This was the first time I'd be leaving the country without them. I needed to somehow bring this up to them and ask for permission.

I looked at Everett who was smiling with excitement. "I can't wait to be back in the sun, I bet I'll need it after being in this dreary place. No offense."

"None taken."

Bella went back to talking about the logistics of the trip.

"Please remember to be checking your student emails for any updates. Thank you!"

Bella walked off the stage and everyone started filing out. Since it was the first day of the semester, we were on a short schedule and were going to finish classes early. Classes would resume back to their normal hours tomorrow which was something I wasn't excited for.

I followed the herd of people getting separated from everyone, I stopped near the entrance to wait for them. I knew Bella would want us to wait for her or else she'd throw a fit.

Everett was the first to join me, my other friends were probably still trying to leave the auditorium.

"You're going to meet Bella and she's not happy that you're somehow in first rank even though you just transferred here."

Everett rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall. He crossed his arms and chuckled. "Guess she's never been second."

I shook my head. "No, she's always number one."

Niko and Julian approached us; they were laughing at something Niko had said.

"Mari," Niko pulled me in for a hug. I had no choice but to hug him back, so it didn't seem weird. "Haven't seen you since New Year's."

I felt my face heat up and glanced at Everett who seemed amused.

"Julian, Niko this is my friend Everett, he just transferred here from Australia."