32. Making Progress

A couple of days had passed since we came back from our trip

A couple of days had passed since we came back from our trip. Bella was still trying to get me to talk about what happened that caused the fight. She was good at being persistent and I almost gave in but luckily, I stopped myself before that could happen.

During the past two days, Lilly deep cleaned the house and got me involved to help her decorate for Christmas. The house was fully decorated and smelled of cinnamon and nutmeg, it was ready for the family festivities that were to happen. By family festivities, it's just a family dinner. While my parents go back to being workaholics or doing their own thing, my siblings and I do it all and try to have a good time.

Normally Axel would help up putting the outside decor, but we haven't really spoken much.

"Mariposa," Lilly said behind me.

I paused the movie I was watching and turned to look at her standing behind the couch. I raised a brow in question. She was dressed up and was ready to go. In cold weather like this I found it absurd she even would want to go.

I looked over her outfit once more. She was dressed up nicely, not something that'll keep her warm but in clothes that were more fashionable.

"I'm heading out, just wanted to let you know," she said.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"To town." She turned to walk away. "There's someone at the door for you by the way."

She walked out of the living room and left me no choice but to get up from the comfort of the couch.

I trudged slowly to the front door. Whoever was out there was going to suffer in the cold for interrupting my peace.

I opened the door slowly and to my surprise, Axel stood there. I was still irritated with him, he needed to have. A good excuse for choosing Charity over me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He took a step inside. His ears were a shade of red, he was probably standing out there for a good time.

"Let's talk," he said as he took off his shoes and coat.

I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes. "I only want to hear an apology from you."

"And you will but for now," he practically dragged me back to the living. "Let's go sit down next to the fire. I was standing out there trying to put the words together."

"Probably to come up with some excuse," I muttered.

I sat back down in my spot and watched as he took a seat next to me.

"Alright let's hear it before I kick you out."

"I heard everything that day."

I looked at him confused.

"I heard the whole conversation between you and Charity."

I glared at him. This made me even madder than I already was. "Then why did you-"