42. Hidden Truths

Sorry I was MIA. Life got in the way. N E ways new chapter so yay! Also slight name change, Vivian became Eden:)

 N E ways new chapter so yay! Also slight name change, Vivian became Eden:)

I glanced at the clock that hung on the wall.

1:00 pm.

It was only noon; Miles and I were done decorating for Vince's party.

We didn't go all out; it was a small party that was between our friend group. Except I had a feeling the friend group was not going to show up.

Niko had texted me he'd meet us later since his dad was making him work at the company.

I hoped Vince wouldn't take the lack of appearances to heart. I was partially to blame since I argued with Bella and Axel.

Miles was in the living room watching TV. He didn't help much, only silently judged me every time I did something wrong.

I snatched my keys from the table and walked over to Miles.

He didn't peel his eyes off the TV. "What do you want?"

I readjusted the strap from my bag. "I'm heading out to get lunch. I was going to ask if you wanted to join me, it's on me of course."

He glanced at me and continued to tap away at the controller. "If you're hungry, just get one of the cooks to make you something."

I shook my head. "I'm not going to disturb them. If you're not joining me then I'm leaving. I'll see you later."

I turned and walked towards the front entrance. When I first met the Youngs I knew they were loaded but I didn't know they were loaded loaded. They lived on a very luxurious estate that was triple the size of where I lived. When I first saw their place, I wondered why they needed a gigantic mansion when they were a family of four. Apparently, Mr. Young really liked his personal space.

The air was crisp and cold, luckily for me there was no snow to be expected for the weekend, but I knew I couldn't trust it.

With one click, my Jeep unlocked. I threw my purse in the passenger seat and climbed in. I started the engine and waited a couple of minutes for it to somewhat heat up.

I unlocked my phone to see if there was anything new. Axel and Bella still hadn't texted back nor had they read the messages I sent last night. I knew I had to fix things with them but I was hoping they could set aside those feelings and we could all come together for Vince's birthday.

The passenger door opening interrupted my train of thought. Miles got in and closed the door. He buckled his seat belt and got comfortable. I looked at him surprised.

"I wasn't going to pass on free food."

I slipped my phone into my purse and didn't say anything.

I put the car in drive and headed towards my favorite restaurant – Diana's Diner. I used to always go with my sisters when I was younger but since Valeria moved out, the tradition died down.