Gearing Up

RYDER POV

     After church Mayhem, Khaos, and Wolf join Colby and me at our table. "I have an idea for the women. Start an account under a woman's name that can't be connected or traced to anyone in the MC. Tech, we even have the name and ID we can use." Wolf states giving Colby a meaningful look. Colby nods and looks at me. "I will explain if it is okay with everyone involved. I don't want any secrets between us but it's not my story to tell," he says. Wolf smiles and nods at him, then waves Ivy over. She comes over, Wolf pulls her onto his lap and whispers in her ear. She gives Colby a tense smile and states, "You can tell him." Wolf holds Ivy tightly and rubs her back whispering in her ear. I can tell it is going to be a rough story.

     Colby gives me a tense smile and sighs. Then he starts the story. "Ivy used to date a cop." Several at the table make the hmm sound and roll their eyes. I hear Ivy murmur if you can call him that. "A dirty cop. He use to beat and rape her, he let his partner join in sometimes. One night after beating and raping her again he left. He told her he would be back for more fun. She ran. She got to a friend's house and she helped Ivy along with a friend of hers. He was from another MC. He helped her escape after she healed some. He gave her a list of friendly and unfriendly MCs. She traveled, zigzagging her way across the country. She started driving a car somewhere else and broke down right outside of our town. Sheila found her and brought her to us. We helped her and I got her a new identity, completely untraceable and able to stand up to any test. Once she fell in love with Wolf, she never used it. Only she and I know the name on it. Her ex disappeared and his partner did not long after. We figure they ran, afraid Ivy would turn them in. So, she is safe and none of us would let it be any other way." Colby finishes Ivy's story with a grimace. It was a rough story to hear and obviously to tell, also. Ivy is silently crying as Wolf is rubbing her back. "Ivy, I am so sorry for what happened to you. I am so glad you found a safe place to land and a great family. If her son of a bitch ex or his partner ever reappears, I will gladly help take care of them." I reply with a growl to my voice. I am not sure, myself if I am talking about prison or in the ground.

     Colby squeezes my hand. "Want to help me set up some hidden cameras? Maybe show me some good places to put them?" he asks. I nod and he grabs my hand pulling me up with him. First, we head to his room to gather all the equipment we need. I now know why Ivy calls it his bat cave. I can't help the snorting laugh that slips out. Colby gives me a weird look. "I can see why Ivy calls it the bat cave," I explain while laughing. He tries to look offended but starts laughing with me. "Yeah I guess it is kind of dark, have to keep it cold for the equipment, and lots of tech shit," he replies laughing. We spend the next few hours placing hidden cameras everywhere. The ones in the bedrooms, bathrooms, and the room they hold church, can all be turned off. There isn't a single room in the building not covered. We head back to his room where he opens a safe. He pulls out a bag full of jewelry boxes. "Last line of defense. Something I have been working on," he informs me while pulling out a necklace with their emblem charm on it. He notices my confused look and tells me he will explain it to all of us at once.

     We walk back out to the main room. Colby whistles loudly, "I need everyone together. I mean everyone." Mayhem walks up, "What is this about?" he asks. "I will explain it to everyone at once. It is a way to help." Colby explains. It takes about ten minutes but soon everyone is gathered around. "I have been working on these since hearing Cherry's story and Maria's betrayal. They are necklaces with our club emblem and can only be turned on by the person they belong to. They are engraved with your names and will activate with your fingerprints. They are equipped to recognize any of them. They all have a micro camera, microphone, and GPS location." he informs us. I am impressed. Looking around the room I can see we all are. "Damn, that's impressive. I don't want to know how you got everyone's fingerprints." Mayhem replies slapping him on the back. You can see the love and respect everyone in this room has for him. It makes me tear up and my heart swell with pride for him. Colby starts handing them out to their owners and puts his own on. Then he sets up a laptop and opens an app. Then touches the back of his pendant. Instantly you can see what his camera sees. Also can hear the murmurs around the room. He asks Mayhem to touch his, and it instantly goes split screen, and now can see everything both cameras are capturing. "Just touch it again to turn it off," Colby explains touching his again. Instantly only Mayhem's camera is on the computer. "The hidden cameras are all up. I will send you all a text with the app to download, delete the text after you download. The app won't be recognized by the law as what it is. You will be able to turn off and on the ones in the bathrooms and bedrooms. I also have small cameras to put on your bikes, that way we will see if anyone tries to put anything in the saddle bags while you are in town. They are motion activated. The guys in the shop can add them. They won't be spotted unless you know where to look." Colby explains. I pull him to me, into a hug and plant a kiss not suitable for any company on him. "Damn babe, you are smart as hell. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I am happy as fuck I did it." I say smiling. I hear that is hot as fuck but not sure who it came from. Both of us turn bright red. That earns us a few chuckles.