Freedom

RYDER POV

    Watching Thomas, Mallory, and Travis getting perp walked out in front of the press, has been a sight worth seeing, definitely one of my favorites. Now it is time, to go get my favorite sight and his brothers out of their cells. All of them are free to go, all charges are dropped. I even suggested to CeeCee to sue for damages done at the clubhouse. FBI and cops both. She just smiled and nodded.

     I head to the sheriff’s office. I enter after knocking. “This is going to be bad for us. We were in on the bust. Hell, one of my rookies was part of the plotting and the planting of evidence. It will make people trust us less, we will be working for years to repair our reputations. As bad as it is going to be for us, for the FBI it is going to be worse. I am not sure if I feel worse for you or us.” he states. “That is true. I feel worse for you. In small towns, the people trust even less. Will be harder for you. I want to let the club out if you will allow me.” I respond. He nods and tosses me the keys.

    When I open the door that leads to the cells, they start to cheer and stomp. I open the first cell they exit and most slap me on the back. Mayhem stops pulls me into a hug and whispers, “Thank you. We owe you for all the help.” I just smile and nod trying not to tear up. Next cell the same thing, lots of slaps to the back and thanks said. All of them are the same until I come to the last cell with Colby and Ironhorse. I open it and Ironhorse mumbles thanks and slaps my back. Colby runs and launches himself into my arms. He kisses me as he clings to me like a monkey. “God babe, I missed you and I love you.” he gushes emphasizing each word with a kiss. “I missed you and I love you, too. Let’s get out of here. We’ll help clean up the clubhouse, if we aren’t too worn out, I will show you just how much I missed and love you.” I say with a wink.

     We enter the clubhouse the same way we exited the station, with our fingers linked and big smiles on our faces. With everyone helping we got the clubhouse cleaned up in a few hours. As everyone is heading off to bed Mayhem hollers, “Church in the morning. 9 am.” Everyone waves and nods to let him know we heard. “Want you there too, Ryder,” he adds. “I will be there,” I reply. Colby and I clean up and spend a couple of hours making love. I fall asleep in his arms.