A Fitting End

TREY/ VPN POV

     I have spent the last few days here with the club. I have gotten to know Tech and the rest of the club. Tech is a great man. I am happy for my best friend. He has found a family. I know, I have too. The club is a family. I am happy and proud to be a part of it. They all welcomed me with open arms. I hate that we have to leave today. Mayhem permitted Tech to come back with us, to Texas, and then to DC for the trial.

     The club is making us a send-off breakfast. I better make sure that we make it there. I am in the room next to Ry and Tech, and the noises coming from there, I know they haven’t left their room yet. I get ready and go to their door. I bang and holler, “Put your dicks away and stop playing grab ass. Time to eat and then we have a plane to catch.” Ry replies with fuck you. “I love you, too,” I responded laughing. I hear them moving so I rush down to the dining area.

   When I run in laughing, Ivy asks, “What’s so funny?” I catch my breath enough to reply, “I may have interrupted Tech and G-Man’s play time.” She joins me in laughing. Ry walks in, Gibbs slaps me on the back of the head and calls me an asshole. He smiles so I know he’s not too pissed. “Dad be careful, VPN is trying to take your roll of cockblock away.” Khaos laughs out. Everyone burst out laughing. Some are nodding in agreement. Evidently, this is something Mayhem is known for. Mayhem flips him off. We spend the next hour eating great food, telling stories, and laughing. I may have to steal Grams away, she is an amazing cook.

       All too soon, we are rushing off to the airport. I pretend not to hear, Tech and Ry talking about joining the mile-high club. This is going to be a fun ass flight. I may just let them join, and catch up on my sleep. I ate way too much, but damn if the food wasn’t some of the best I have ever had. We make it to our gate with just a few minutes to spare. Once we take off, they sneak off. I guess, the mile-high club is getting two new members. I close my eyes and drift off.

     Ryder wakes me when we land. I turn my phone back on our way to baggage. I barely hear the dings because of all the noise in the airport. I will check it when we get out of here. “What’s up?” Ry asks. I shrug, “I will check it in the car on the way to your place.” I reply. It takes us thirty minutes to fight our way to get our bags and out of the airport. We rent a car and I get in the back. “Dammit,” I growl after reading a few texts. “What happened?” Tech asks. “Thomas hung himself. They found him this morning. Mallory is dead too. Someone or a group beat her to death in the shower.” I complain. “Couldn’t have happened to better people.” Tech counters. “I know that, but we wanted to know if there was more that was involved in it. Travis requested a deal, he got it. So there won’t be a trial and no way to know if there were more involved. Hopefully, there was not. How do you feel about having a new OPR lead, at your new headquarters?” I ask Ryder. “I would like that very much. I would love to have my best friend with me there,” he responds. “Well, consider it done. They let me have my choice of assignments too. I requested a transfer to Colorado. I just got my approval. They gave me a promotion too. Looks like you will have both of us near now, Tech. Think Mayhem will let us stay at the clubhouse until we find a place?” I ask. “I know he will. You are members. Plus already asked and his response was ‘Of course, they are family and members.” he answers. “Looks like we have five days to pack, then two days after that, to get back to our new post,” I inform Ryder.

    We spend the next three days packing both places. Then I give Ryder, time and space to take Tech out. He plans to show him all there is to see around here and to propose. I helped him pick the rings. I am so happy he has found his soul mate. Seeing them together gives me hope for my future. I hear my phone ding. HE SAID YES! Ryder texts. "I knew he would. You two are great together and I am happy for you both. Congratulations, both of you." I reply. We plan to meet up in the morning, to fly back. The moving trucks left today. They will meet us there. I am excited to start this new adventure.