The Search

The room was full of lights and doors.

"How are we supposed to find Serena?" Bonnie asked, looking around.

"I don't know exactly, maybe we should check every room?" Ash suggested.

"I don't know, sounds risky." Said Clemont.

"That's the only way though." Bonnie whined.

"Not exactly, the future is now thanks to science!" Clemont said, adjusting his glasses.

"Wait- are you going to-"

Clemont grabbed a small machine that looked like a pokemon. "Yep, the same device we used last time except now I've upgraded it it! It's now a Joltik instead of a Poocheyena! This way it can reach small places. I call it The Joltik Finder!"

"You know what Ash, I take back what I told you about Clemont's naming skills. They've actually gotten worse." Bonnie sweatdropped.

"Do you have anything of Serena's?" Clemont asked, ignoring his little sister.

"Yeah." Ash went into his pocket and grabbed out the small, blue piece of silk and held it up to the small Joltik robot. The Joltik then jumped out of Clemons' palm and landed onto the sandstone floor and started to head into the large room in front of them. They followed it out into the middle of the room where it then stopped and made a turn to the left into another hallway.

They followed it into the dim light where torches were laid out in a pattern, making the lighting dimmer and dimmer as they went.

The hallway seemed to go on forever and Bonnie started to whine.

"Are you sure your invention isn't broken?" Bonnie asked.

"First of all it's an innovation not an invention and second it's not broken." Clemont stated stubbornly.

"Yeah, whatever, but if it's not working, I don't want to spent time walking in an endless hallway and not find Serena." Bonnie crossed her arms.

Clemont ignored her and they kept following the Joltic, passing room as they went.

"Wait, look!" Clemont exclaimed.

The Joltik was now running into a door.

"This must be it! Serena has to be in this room." Clemont said happily.

"Really?! Then lets-" Ash stopped when he saw smoke coming from the Joltik.

"Run!" Bonnie yelled and ran across the hallway, Ash following.

Clemont ran in circles and got stuck in the explosion. When the smoke cleared Clemont stood there in soot.

Bonnie laughed and turned to Ash, "His inventions still explode too."

They walked over saw that the explosion exploded the wooden door into pieces.

"That explosion was loud let's hope no one heard it." Clemont said worried.

"I shouldn't worry that much I'm sure it's fine." Ash insured.

They went into the room. Ash was the first one to enter.

"Serena! Are you in here?" Ash yelled.

Before he could say anything else he saw a shadow. It was Serena. She was in the shadows and starring at him with tears in her eyes. She then ran to him and hugged him. Her arms rapped around his neck as she cried into his shoulder. He hesitated for a moment, but then hugged her back.

"I saw you fall and- and I thought-" she hugged him harder and then released him. "We got to go."