Breathing and Smiling

It was white. Everything was blank. There was no one else in the room. She looked down and saw her hands. Then her stomach. There was no rock stabbed into it, which was a relief. She exhaled when she looked back up there was a mirror in front of her. She saw the reflection of herself. The same girl that died in front the person she loved. Except there was no blood, no pain. But mentally, it was painful.

She felt like crying. She was dead. She would never be able to talk to her friends again, never watch her friends become old together and learn lessons as they traveled. And she would never be able to be with Ash. The person she loved, the person she still loved and wished to be with. She wanted him to hold her in his arms again and tell her that he loved her.

She looked away from the mirror and looked around. There was nothing, it even looked like there was no floor, but she could walk around, as if she had was on a surface underneath her.

"Hello?" Serena yelled.

"Hello."

Serena turned around, scared by someone responding. There was Xerneas standing behind her.

"So, you did die, just like I asked you to." Xerneas examined her.

Serena didn't know what to say, so she just stood there.

"You died, you didn't just save that boy, you saved the entire world, I hope you know that." Xerneas's voice was soft as silk, her voice enchanting and mystical. Her voice echoed, even though there was no walls.

Serena stayed quite, still frozen.

"I know what I asked you to do was a lot."

Serena looked down. Now she felt herself getting too sentimental. She really was dead.

"I talked to Arceus, he seemed to be very convinced that he could trust you, you even hanged around that boy, Ash. Ash saved Arceus once, so he trusted you hanging around him. You even died for him. You saved the whole Earth, now that was also very shocking to Arceus. And that I was the one who actually asked you to die. And you did it, that was very shocking. So I convinced him to let you go back to Earth, where you belong. I had no right to tell you die, but you did anyway. I'm glad you were the chosen one that is connected to Yveltal."

Serena stood there in shock. She was going back? She couldn't believe it. Her heart felt like it exploded and let out of its emotions, most of the happiest emotions. She felt tears fall down her cheeks. Tears of joy. She was able to go back and live, be with everyone, she would be able to keep that promise with Bonnie, watch Clemont create some of the most amazing inventions and then watch them blow up. She laughed.

And she would be able to be with Ash. A smile slowly grew onto her face. She was going back!

"Wait... Um will I be in the same spot I was when I died?..." Serena sweatdropped.

"No, that would be painful." Xerneas laughed. "No, you will be put somewhere near where you died."

Serena's face lit up. She still couldn't get over the fact that she was going back home.

Serena felt a weird sensation in her feet. It felt as if it fell asleep and gave that fuzzy feeling, so she looked down. Her feet were disappearing in particles disappearing as if she was made out of dust.

Inside the room at the hideout, her lifeless body faded away and new particles flew next to the pointed rock.

The blood, seemed to turn into dust as well and disappear. Her feet appeared first in the hideout, particles of dust looked as if they were linking together.

"Pika?" Pikachu tilted cocked its head and watched the body forming slowly, it glowed as it appeared.

The rest of her body slowly faded, she saw Xerneas walking away in the opposite direction.

Serena smiled. "Thank you."

And soon her whole body disappeared and formed in the hideout. She opened her eyes and saw that she was glowing, her body still looking as if she was made out of dust and slowly became solid. She saw Ash still crying and Pikachu trying to get his attention.

"Pika pi!" Pikachu tugged on Ash's jacket. "Pika!"

Serena slowly walked up and knelt down next to Ash and said, "Ash- Ash its me." She smiled.

Ash stopped clenching his teeth and eyes and instead opened them, tears still fell down his cheeks. "Serena?"

Ash slowly sat back up, his eyes were red and puffy from crying, his nose stuffy. He looked up and saw Serena sitting next to him.

"Serena?" Ash mumbled.

"Hey Ash." Serena closed her eyes and smiled.

How much Ash wanted to see that smile again. He sat there frozen. How was she there. He looked over to where she died, there was nothing there, not even blood. All there was was the pointed rock that was supposed to kill him. Did he dream it? He looked back up at Serena. She was there, alive. Breathing and smiling.

Ash hugged her. He wrapped, his arms around her and hugged her as hard as he could.

"Ash- can't breath." Serena tried to pull away.

Ash released. "Sorry." He wiped his eyes. "How- how are you here?"

"Xerneas helped me come back. Arceus allowed me to come back." She smiled and then hugged him. He was so warm. Now she couldn't feel any emotional pain, only happiness. "I love you." She felt tears run down her cheeks.

Ash's heart felt like it just pounded against his chest. It happened every time she told him that. He hugged her back and this time not to hard, just hard enough, so she couldn't pull away, so she could never leave him again.

"Hey!"

Ash let go and looked up at the hole on the ceiling and saw Bonnie and Clemont standing there.

"Did I miss anything?" Bonnie yelled.

"No." Serena blushed.

"Good, because I don't want to miss you guys kissing." Bonnie smiled.

Serena and Ash blushed a deep red.

Ash sweatdropped and rubbed the back of his head and looked in the opposite way of Serena. Serena doing the same.

"Bonnie!" Clemont scolded her.

"What?" Bonnie smirked.

Clemont exhaled and sweatdropped.