One: December 1st

- Date of wedding: 15th November -

Of course Harry's having a Christmas wedding. The theme seems to be white Christmas or Winter Wonderland or some shit, since the room is filled with white and gold Christmas trees, crystal chandeliers and candle sticks. Soft blues and everything wintery. It's breathtaking.

And kinda depressing.

For Louis, anyway.

See, he wasn't really involved in the planning of the wedding, his excuse was that he's not good at aesthetics. While that may be true, it's not necessarily the reason.

He still agreed to be best man, so there's that. 

The reason he wanted to be as uninvolved with this wedding was because he's in love with the groom.

Who also happens to be his best friend. Oops. Yeah, he's gonna be standing at the altar with the only person he's ever truly loved...

As best man.

His life is one big complicated mess.

He thought there was something between him and Harry. Harry had been telling him about this person he really liked. It (in his opinion) sounded like him.

But, no. It was Louise. Louise was the person Harry loved. Louise is the person Harry's marrying.

And, hey, Harry's entitled to love somebody. Louis' not gonna get in the way of them, he's not gonna try to break them up. He's not gonna make an attempt on Louise's life in a fit of jealous rage. He's not gonna ask Harry out. Harry loves somebody and he's content letting with watching Harry be happy.

He doesn't mind being alone for yet another Christmas. He missed his chance with the curly haired man, and he'll just have to live with it.

He's happy for Harry. Honestly, he is. He gets to see his best friend happy with someone he adores. It's just slightly upsetting that that person isn't him.

"Lou." He turns, and Harry's standing behind him, holding his gold tie. "Mind helping me with it? Can't really get it."

"Doesn't have to be perfect, H." Louis says, looping it around him nevertheless. "You nervous?"

"Kind of. I feel like I shouldn't be... You know? I love her. Why is it so nerve-wracking? Why is the thought of marrying her so scary?"

Louis bites back the words he wants to say. "Remember when you first told me about her? You said you were so worried you weren't good enough for her. Said you didn't want to ask her out just in case you weren't up to her standards. You said she seemed so perfect, so faultless. You knew she was only human, but you couldn't help but push that aside. Remember what I told you? Being afraid to do something, like ask her out, or in this case marry, shows you care. You care so much about her that the thought of marrying her makes you nervous because you care so much about her that you fear that you're not right for her."

Harry pulls him into a hug, Louis' face smushed against his chest, inhaling the familiar scent of Harry. "Thanks, Lou. You're my best friend, I don't know what I'd do without you."

And, yeah. That stings a bit.

"Yeah, yeah. Now get your ass back to the room, you need to get ready."

Harry squeezes him, then runs back to the room where he's getting changed.

See? Not jealous.