Four

Shuri

The waves are calming, So much has happened. Sometimes a good day at the beach will help. Ever since last year when Namor appeared at the beach, I try to make it here as much as possible.

I walk until I see a girl. She's sitting and watching the water, I sit beside her.

"The waves get more beautiful as the days grow." I say

"I've never seen them before, it's my first time here in Wakanda." She says. Her voice is soft, almost a whisper. It's elegant and I want to hear more of it. I wonder how she sounds when she laughs. I bet it's just as elegant and sweet as her voice.

"I figured you weren't from here, you're vibe is more or less American, then again it may well just be your accent." I say.

There it goes, she chuckles. Like I said. Just as beautiful. I could listen to her laugh all day, on repeat without fault.

"Yeah, I'm from Michigan actually." She turns her head and her eyes light up. "Your highness, I'm so sorry. I didn't know who I was speaking with." She says.

I put my finger to my lips and purse them, "shh shh, it's okay. I'm liking the company." I chuckle.

She smiles, I don't think I could get enough of this girl if I tried, I know we've only exchanged very few words but she's very intoxicating. I want to know everything about her that there is.

"Water has always been a constant in my life, growing up my mom, dad and I use to go to the river walk all the time at home, I used to always get on the marry go round and eat dipping dots. It's a core memory that'll always be there." She says.

"Water to you is like my technology to me. A "core memory" as you call it is my brother helping me create my very first software. He helped me for weeks until it was finished. When it was all over he looked at me, put his hand on my shoulder and said "You my sister can and will accomplish anything." I think about that moment all the time." I explain.

She looked over to me, "Queen, I know I don't know you but may I hug you"

That was a bit odd, it could only help and not hurt. "Sure"

She wrapped her arms around me and I did the same to her. I don't know what it is about her aura but I was able to just relax. This hug gave me the sense that everything will be alright.

The American and I talked the night away, It got late and she had to get home. I didn't want her to leave. I didn't ask her name or any means of contact because I cannot allow myself to get close to another human. I will not be hurt again.

Back at the lab, I cannot help but wonder if that was my American scientist.

"Griot, do you have a picture of Miss Tyler."

"Yes My Queen." Griot pulled up a picture.

"Shit!" I hit the desk. That's her smile, only thing different is her hair, That's her.

I don't know how I'll be able to do this. I really hope she's an awful person. I can't only be friends with her. The conversation we had tonight, we can't have too many more. I cannot allow her to infiltrate my thoughts and I cannot allow myself to fall for her. Cause if another person leaves me I don't know if I'll be able to bear it.