Seven.

Tyler

It's been hours and Shuri isn't back yet. We don't have a way of communicating so I can't even call her.

I make my way back home and wind down with a glass of wine and a book in the bath. It was great until I got two calls, on the third call I decided to answer, it's Chyna my best friend FaceTiming.

"Hey Stink" she screams through the phone.

"Heyy, you always call at the most inconvenient times, I'm washing me ass at the moment." I say in a British accent.

"Naur, I'm so sorry." She says in an accent as well.

My best friend and I have been besties since 7th grade. I'd do anything for her. She knows me better than anyone in the world, she's the sister I never had.

"It's cool, wassup." I say.

"Nothing much, just checking on you. We haven't talked in a few days. How's Wakanda?" She asks.

"To be honest, I haven't seen much of it with school and the internship. I'll make my way around to it one day." I speak.

"Damn, the Queen has you working like that. What's going to happen when you start her program?" She questions.

"I'm sure she'll cut down the time we're in the lab, besides I don't mind working with her in the lab." I blush

"Does my stink have a little crush?" She asks.

"Yeah, but it's more than that, I really like her. It's so bad." I say.

"Be careful Ty, with Mya I saw how you gave your all, I thought you'd never recover. You have a big heart and I'd hate to see you change because of a crush." she says.

"I know, I know. We haven't gotten anywhere anyway, we haven't even kissed" I said

"So I'll just deliver the overprotective best friend speech later." she cackled.

We talked for a little longer before hanging up. I got out of the tub took care of some things in the bathroom and put my robe on.

I walked out of the bathroom, I turned some lights on and went into my room. There was a dark figure on the bed. I grabbed the little gold lamp off of the dresser. "Who the hell are you" I yelled.

"Princess put the lamp down" Shuri said almost at a whisper.

I flicked the light switch. "God, you almost gave me a heart attack Shuri."

"Sorry, I just needed to see you." She spoke softly.

"Is everything okay, are you okay?" I asked

"No Tyler, my people are in grave danger." She says

"How, has something happened?"

"Sit down so I can explain." She said.

"Last year my people engaged in two battles, a man came from the water and demanded some task from Wakanda. When we couldn't deliver he asked us to help him destroy the world. We obviously told him no. He is the reason my mother is gone. He waged a war in which my people were in no shape for. When we were ready we called his people to battle. My biggest mistake was not killing him. Instead we made an alliance, it lasted all of a year, now he wants more." She spoke angrily but soft.

"What does he want now?" I asked

"Something that we cannot give him." She spoke.