Eighteen.

Tyler

Fuck. I thought we had another week before Namor would come and destroy everything. Because of that battle I lost everything,the love of my life, my dream school year, a chance at a happy ending.

Because of that battle I'm going home empty handed. I have a hole in my heart. Shuri we'll see each again even if it has to be in another life.

    ——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——
*picking up where chapter seventeen left off*

"Wait, Shuri just sit here for two seconds." I try to calm myself down from hyperventilating.

"Princess, there is no time to wait. You've been trained for this. All you have to do is be a decoy. Make Namor think he's getting what he wants." Shuri attempts to calm me down as well.

"Shuri, I'm not scared for me. It's you I'm worried about. I thought we had more time."

"Princess, we don't. We must go to my lab and prepare for battle immediately." She grabs me and pulls me.

When we make it to the lab Shuri immediately suits up.

I'm so lost in thought I can't even enjoy the sight.

"Princess, I know you're scared right now but I need you to get into your right mindset. Please, just for a little while longer." Shuri grabs my shoulders.

I'm trying, I truly am. I'm just terrified.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I run to the restroom and immediately vomit.

When I'm done I clean myself up and look in the mirror.

"Ty, you can do this. You can do this. Shuri is depending on you, Wakanda is depending on you." I say.

I do a breathing exercise and walk out. When I come out Shuri is standing with the weapon in her hand.

It's a vibranium staff that'll open up upon impact and carry the serum through Namors veins.

"Let's do this." I walk pass her.

——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——
Shuri

I didn't think Tyler would be able to stand here and stand up to Namor but she's here on the beach. We're waiting on him now.

The air is flowing through Tylers now straightened hair and I'm thinking about how poorly this could go. He could just take her with out a second thought.

While we wait I take a second to think about all the things I love about my princess. I think back to one of my favorite moments we had together.

*flash back*

"Just wrap it around your finger like this." Tyler shows me how to put coils in her hair.

I help her with her styles from time to time because she can't see the back. I do as I'm told and show her what it looks like on her phone.

"Awwe babe, it's cute." She smiles.

"You should do my hair, I think these would look nice on me." I look over her shoulder smirking.

"You're not slick, you just want to sit in between my legs." She laughs.

"Ahh caught me red handed princess." I smile.

I finish the back of her hair while she does the front. I watch her finish off.

"Princess you're so talented." I kiss her forehead.