Nineteen.

Tyler

I've been in my room for the last week trying to figure out what in the hell went wrong. I haven't been to classes or anything. As many times as I ask myself why, I can never find an answer.

I thought I knew her, She always said she'd protect me. Yet she not only hurt me but stood by and watched me break. She knows about my previous break downs, she knows about my mental health issues. Yet she stood by and let it all happen while I dealt with it silently.

I made a decision about our relationship from here on out, I'm meeting Shuri at her lab today so we can get on the same page about some things.

When I make it there she's playing with her Kimoyo beads. She turns and smiles when she sees me.

I attempt a smile but I know it failed. I'm just so hurt and upset with her right now to even save face.

"Princess it's good to see you." She smiles.

"Same here." I lie.

"You don't have to lie to me princess, I understand you're hurt. It's all over your face and posture. I think you forgot I know you all too well." She half smiled.

"Yeah, right. I forgot." I say.

"How've you been holding up?" She asks.

"I've been better, you?" I ask.

"I've been better." She sits back down.

I walk over to her. "I won't be here for long. I just came to say a few things. I have a plane to catch."

"Where are you going?" She has a concern look in her eyes. It's almost vulnerable and makes me want to break down crying.

"Im going back home, it's a new year. Wakanda was fun while it lasted. I talked to my academic advisor, after I go home for a month I'll be heading to London then Hawaii." I explain.

"Wait, I thought you were staying until June." She speaks up.

"I was, until everything happened. It's my last year in college. I'd rather have fun and travel. Wakanda is beautiful, I've seen it all. I have had a few experiences. It's just time for me to move on." I lie.

"What about us Princess?" She grabs my hand.

Fuck, I said I wouldn't cry. The tears started flowing.

"Shuri, It'll be a minute before I forgive you. Even then I'll be able to forgive you but I don't think I'll ever be able to forget about it." I look down.

"Will you ever come back?" She picks my chin up.

"Remember, we're meant to be baby. Of course I'll come back." I smiled.

"Yeah, after you've established some things." She says repeating things I've told her before.

"You know it." I wipe my eyes.

I take off my Kimoyo beads and hand them to her.

"Keep them princess." She pushed them back.

"Promise not to call everyday?" I asked.

"I'll try my best." She walks over to the drawer of her desk.

"You never opened any of your gifts." She pulls the small rectangular gift from her desk.

I take it. "Open it when you truly miss me." She says.

I almost forgot I made her a gift in my time of wallow. I go into my purse and get it out.

"Don't think I'm weird but I got you something too. Open it whenever." I say handing her the wrapped box.

She opens it and the confusion is all over her face. "It's a scrunchie, I know how much you like to put my underwear on your wrist. It's made of the underwear from our most rememberable moments together. The car, the very first time at the lab, that one time at the beach. You know what I'm talking about." I smile.

"Oh my naughty girl, I'm going to wear this thing everyday. I'll miss you." She hugs me with tears on her face.

"I'll miss you too." I wrap my arms tightly around her.

Shit, this is so hard. I thought I was going to do this with ease. We finally pull from each other. I look up and I can't help but place a gentle kiss on her lips.

Gentle turns into my legs being wrapped around her waist and me being carried to my desk. She swipes everything off and starts to kiss me on my neck.

She moves down to my breast. I lean back to lay down and she works her way down my stomach to my secluded area where she removes my underwear and puts them on her wrists. I moan "shit". She leaves slow, neat kisses. "Princess what time does your plane leave" she says in between kisses.

"At 1:30" I manage to get out.

She adds her fingers which makes me arch my back. When she decides to speed up a bit my only reaction is to run my fingers through her hair.

When we're done I kiss her while she's in between my legs and I'm still placed on the desk. I move my hands up and down her body, my lips never leaving her face.

I go to put my hands up her skirt, she pulls them away and look down at me. "Princess, it's one o'clock. You have to leave." She says.

"Wait no, we're always being interrupted." I wine.

"I'm always fine princess, just as long as I make you happy." She smiles.

"Can I keep these?" She chuckles pointing to her wrist.

I laugh nodding my head. "I love you Shuri." I smile.

"I love you too princess, now let's get you cleaned up. You have a plane to catch.