Seventeen

Shuri

Tyler has taken the cure, tonight is the night we see if it works. I took her to see Adia as soon I was notified she was finished with it.

Namor tried to get to her four times within the last two nights, he was unsuccessful. I haven't slept because I want to make sure she's okay.

The tension has still been very thick between us. I can feel her shift in feelings toward me. As much as I try to keep my distance I seem to always end up around her. She seems to conquer my every thought. I haven't been able to hold her since our little dispute.

I think Tyler is planning to go back to Michigan after the battle. I heard her on the phone with her mom talking about being back home for good after the new year.

In my planning I never thought about what would happen if I don't end up dying in battle.

I walked into my room to see Tyler on her phone. "Princess, I thought you went home to get some things."

"I did, I'm back. It only took a few seconds." She says sitting up.

"I'm sorry, you'll be able to go home soon once we prove the cure has worked." I take my shoes off.

"I don't mind, I would really love it if we'd cuddled and watch a movie tonight." She smiled.

I could never say no to her smile. I fold so easily, I have to get it together.

"Of course, I can get someone to bring us up some snacks." I say.

"Are we okay?" Tyler touches my shoulder.

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?" I lie.

"You've been really distant lately, I've missed you." She wraps her arms around my waist from behind and places her head in my shoulders.

"I know I'm sorry princess. I'll try not to be now that the weapon is finished." I rub her head.

"Babe, your done?" She let me go and sat beside me on the edge of the bed.

"Yes, I just finished. Now we wait until the new year. I have good faith in Wakanda." I rub her leg.

She hugs me and I notice she's crying.

"Princess, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just relieved. Those dreams have been on my mind a lot. Your safety is all I can think about." She admits.

"It's okay. I promise, I'll be okay." I lie.

I can't promise that I'll make it. I can promise that Namor will die this time.

She pulls back and I wipe her face.

"I brought you a gift back from the lab." I pull out a pair of Kimoyo beads I made specifically for her.

"Thank you, I love them baby." She embraces me into a tight hug.

"Now we can always communicate, I don't know what took me so long to make you a pair but now you have some, they're multi purpose. They'll handle a lot when you need them too." I explain.

"They're perfect." She slides them onto her wrist.

We catch up a little more before showering and settling in.

    ——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——

Tyler

Shuris up to something, I can't quite figure it out. She's been acting really weird lately.

She has barely touched me, we haven't really seen each other either. If we are around each other it's a weird awkward silence, it's not like her.

I think she's still upset with me. I don't think she knows how sorry I am. I really didn't mean for Namor to get to me. I have been beating myself up because I was almost the cause of Wakanda falling.