Twenty. (Final Chapter)

Shuri

I can't say I'm happy with driving my princess to the airport. I do know I fucked up, if this is what she needs to forgive me I'll give her all the space in the world. I know she'll come back home when the time is right.

As I pull into the airport with my hand on her left thigh, It's settling in that she'll actually be gone.

I've had the best four months with her. I'm grateful for all the moments we were able to have. When we make it inside I walk with her a far as I can go.

"This is so hard babe." She puts her head on my chest. I cuff the back of her head.

"I know princess, I know."

"Say something to make me stay, please." She cries looking up at me.

I can't do that, as much as I want her to stay I know this is only momentarily for her. I know she wants to leave in her heart.

"I can't do that Tyler. It's going to hurt like hell when we're separated but I need you to get on that plane and go. You'd never forgive me if I let you stay here." I pick her chin up. "You're going to get on that plane and live out your life." I kiss her.

"I love you" she says walking toward her gate.

"I love you too princess." I watch her walk away until she makes it to her gate.

The drive back home seemed so long. I decided to go to the beach mid way there.

The sun is setting and the breeze is beginning to come in. I got a ring on my beads. It's Nakia.

"Hello sister." I smile

"Hi, T'Challa wants to know when his favorite aunt is coming back." She announces.

"Soon, there's a lot that happened that I haven't had time to catch you up on." I say.

"Will Tyler be coming with you by any chance?" She smiles.

"No, there won't be any Tyler for a while. She and I broke up, she's on a plane home as we speak." I wipe a tear.

I can't seem to stop crying. They just keep coming. I know this was all for the best though.

I'll see you again Tyler. Next time you won't leave. I'll make you mine forever. You'll be my Queen, I won't fuck it up next time.

    ——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——
*Two years later Christmas* Tyler

"Mom let me get that". I take the ham away from her.

"Actually let me get it." My fiancé takes it from the us both and place it into the oven.

We both look at him. "What, because we're women we can't handle the heavier things?" I joke. My mom and I burst into laughter.

He looks so scared right now. "It was a joke" I kiss his cheek, he smiles looking relieved.

"Where's everyone mom?" I question.

"They'll be here in a few. While we wait we ca go through photo books." She runs to get her books.

To stall her from embarrassing me I airplay my phone to the tv in the living room. I look in the folder my phone made called "Christmas over the years".

"Tyler your no fun. I wanted to start with my photos." My mother pouts.

I start to scroll though and see tons of photos with me and Chyna. My cousins and I, and videos of our family shenanigans.

"Who's that?" Mathew asks.

It's a picture I took of Shuri with frosting all over her face. I had taken it after we made gingerbread houses.

"That's Shuri." My mom looks over to me.

"Yeah, it's from when I studied in Wakanda, she was a friend of mine." I lie.

"Oh yeah, I hope they offer vacation travels one day. I heard it's beautiful." He says.

"It's stunning." I smile thinking about it.

"When's the last time you talked to her?" My mom asked.

"She wished me a happy birthday in August. We don't really talk that much anymore." I say.

My mom just looks at me with a soft expressions I can't quite make out.

I take my phone off of the tv because I know what picture was next. I don't really feel like explaining myself to Matthew.

My mom show us her scrapbooks. When my family comes we have a spectacular Christmas like every year.

    ——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——

I work at Stark Industries in Los Angeles. I moved here sometime last year. It's honestly been a blast. The only thing I hate about my job is I have to travel a lot. It gets tiring sometimes.

"Basset, my office." My boss Mr. Powers said.

I got into his office and sat down.

"Are you ready for your next assignment?" He asked.

"Sure, we all know I'm going to complain." I laugh.

"Okay, well you'll be going to Wakanda for six months. Matthew will join you in a month or so that way you both can be back in time for the wedding. I need you to be on the plane by next week." He says.

"Wakanda, why me?" I asked.

"As you know the Queen and our company have been great friends. She asked for you specifically for our year long project over there. When I informed her you were getting married in September she was okay with someone else coming along. I know Matthew and you get along so who else better to send." He explains.

Shit. It's so soon. Matt will be there too. Fuck, why'd I have to get recruited by this specific company. I guess we'll meet again Shuri.

The end