Ten.

Tyler

I wake up to Griot talking, I can't understand what he's saying but I'd know his voice from anywhere. Once I compose myself I get up.

"How's everything going?" I ask.

Shuri doesn't turn around or even answer the question. I get up and walk closer to her. She's asleep. I can't help but smile.

I put in hand on her shoulder and rub her arm "Shuri, you can't sleep in-."

She jolts up so hard and stands up with the most disgusted facial expression, she looked at me as if I were the enemy. She has her pen in her right hand like a knife. What could she possibly have been dreaming about.

Once she realizes it's me her facial expression softens. "Princess, I'm sorry if I scared you."

"No, I'm sorry that I scared you. I didn't know you were having a bad dream." I say.

"I wasn't." She faintly smiled and sat back down. She slid both her hands down her face.

"Is everything okay." I asked.

"Yes everything's okay, let's make our way to the palace so we can get ready for bed." she said.

"Shuri, if you ever need to talk about anything, I want you to know that you are not alone. I'm here for you, no matter what." I say.

"It's just uh-" she scratches her jaw bone. "It's just royal business, I'm sure you don't really care."

"Look, I haven't been asking too many questions about this stuff with the under water prince because I know as an outsider you're probably not suppose to be sharing so much information with me. But I'm worried, I'm worried about Wakanda, I'm worried about it's people, most of all you. I worry that our time will be shortened. So even though it may seem I don't care I really truly do." I cry.

Her face is now saddened, she rolls over to me in her chair. As I am standing between her legs she sits me on her lap. "I don't think I explained the "under water prince" in great detail" she chuckled.

What's so funny, when she spoke of him that's almost exactly what he sounds like, Ariel's younger brother.

"Namor, he is not a prince nor king. He is a god. His people, they don't fight for their kingdom, they fight for him. He is dangerous. He can live on land and in water. He can fly, with these wings he has attached to his ankles, and he is stronger than the Black Panther. He deliberately killed my mother and taunted me. So when I  say I am afraid for Wakanda, I am stricken with fear, I am terrified." She explains.

I hug her, I want to tell her everything will be okay. I can't say that though if I can't guarantee it. She has been through so much, she is so strong and I know she doesn't need me to get through this but I want to be here for her as much as possible.

Without releasing her from the hug I ask "Have you come up with a plan yet?" I ask

"Sort of, M'Baku wants me to build a weapon to take him down, Wakanda has an herb that gives the Black Panther strength that strength can also be taken away. He got his strength from a plant. I just need to figure out what plant and make a formula to deactivate it." She explains.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked letting her go.

"That's the worst part of it all, M'Baku wants to use you to lure him ashore, we have three months to get all of Wakanda ready. That means move our people, get this weapon finished and get you prepared just in case he takes you to his kingdom before we take him down." She said closing her eyes in agony.

"Okay, how about you train me or something so I can protect myself if or when he comes to get me." I said.

"That's not the point princess, you shouldn't be in this predicament in the first place. I'm suppose to be protecting Wakanda not putting it in harms way." She angrily said.

"Hey, it's not your fault. I chose to come here and go to school. I chose to take your offer and work under you. If it wasn't me then it was going to be you. Wakanda needs their Queen. It's okay." I say hugging her again. "If any one can protect your people it's you." I say closing my eyes.

     ——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——
Shuri

I hold my baby as she's holding me. She's holding onto me as if I'll be leaving soon. I'm not going anywhere neither is she. I'll protect my princess even if it means taking my last breath and I'll stand by that forever, no matter the circumstances.

In the last two weeks we've grown so close, there's so much we don't know about each other but it feels like I've known her all my life.

"Thank you" I say kissing her head. "I want to know more about your life in Michigan."

"Okay, um. I grew up there, my mom and dad raised me. When I was 15 the world got wiped by Thanos as you know. My dad was on of the people wiped off the face of the earth. By the time I recovered and accepted the fact he was gone, everyone came back but he was different. He just left my mom and I not a single call or text. That hurt worse than thinking he was dead. Nonetheless I got over it, I moved on. I got a scholarship to University of Michigan, full ride room and dorm paid. I wanted to study aboard my junior year but my academic advisor couldn't find the excitement I was looking for. This year I was approached with the opportunity and I took it. It has been such a long year. Everything with my dad still draining us, I had a really bad breakup which lead to a terrible mental break down. I got over it, I'm glad I did. It made me a better person. I live life with a different perspective now." She explained.

She has been through a lot. I knew the blip hurt people but I thought they were better once everyone got back.

"You know I went missing in the blip?" I asked

"You did?" She asked

"Yeah, when I got back we went straight into battle. I was glad that long war was over. I had to take some time for myself to think and do some working on myself. I had to make a choice whether or not I wanted to be 19 or 22. Your father had the same choice, he had a choice to be stuck on his old life or move on with his family. He picked the wrong one and no good will ever come to him. You are so strong I'm glad you chose to grow from the experience."

"I'm glad you chose to put your feelings aside and choose your people. I'm glad you healed and dealt with your feelings from your family's passing. You used that to better yourself and your people. Woah, we're more alike than I thought." She says.

We talked all night until the sun came up.

Can you fall for people after only knowing them for three weeks. It doesn't matter cause I'm on the ground looking up at the sky from the hard fall that occurred. Just like I said one more of those talks and I'd fall for her. Except I already fell hard and fast, I love her. I love Tyler Basset, My Princess.